“Excellent Value for a Great Motel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn & Suites Madison
Ranked #33 of 61 Hotels in Madison
London, England
“Excellent Value for a Great Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I picked this Motel for the last 4 nights of this years trip and boy was it a good choice. The location, condition and position were just perfect. I had a room on the second floor (American) or First Floor (English) overlooking the rear car park and I could have heard a pin drop it was so quiet. The breakfast room was converted from 2 bedrooms so was of adequate size and well stocked. Everything was clean. I really can't find anything wrong with this place, they even have a fitness center, not that I used it.
I'd give this 5 STARS every time and would hope to return.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, but as it stands well back from the highway it probably ain't too...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Not sure about all the very high marks this places has gotten. It was a very basic place. Seems like an older place, breakfest was basic.
Desk staff wasn't able to recommend a good place to eat. Always disappointing when somebody that is going to be meeting travelers can't promote the city they live in.

I think if every I was staying in Madison I'd find a place that 'cared' more about the travelers and less about higher scores.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

After 8 hours on the road, we were delighted with the room. A great night's sleep for all three of us. No fridge though, I found out not all rooms had them. The pool was good and the whirlpool tub was wonderful after such a long drive! Breakfast was ok - no protien other than cream cheese. Breakfast needs a bit of a revamp in today's climate of healthier eating. But for low $ - I shouldn't complain.

Room Tip: check room amenities over phone before you book
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Eagle River, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I needed a hotel at my expense to attend a class in Madison, so price was important. I booked this Day's Inn for that reason and the great reviews it had already received. It was clean, plenty of hot water and the bed was pretty good for a hotel in this price range. It was also easy to find and pretty quiet. They put me on the third floor because they had a high school college preview group staying on the 2nd, I never heard them at all. Front desk personnel were very helpful and in the morning when I told the young man what a nice hotel they had and that I would stay there again he seemed genuinely happy. It was nice to see people who actually cared about the place they worked. Only complaint would be the breakfast could use some fresh fruit, or yogurt options. Very heavy on carbs, but the coffee is good. Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are a "real" non smoker stay away from the second floor, it use to be the smoking f...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Preston, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night in the King whirlpool suite. We thought there would be a sofa bed for our daughter traveling with us but we were suprised to see there wasn't one when we went in. I misread the web site when I booked. I went to the front desk and got a cot for her right away, it was clean and comfortable for her. The desk help were very informative and the room was awesome, clean and quite. We were attending a tumbling event and saved quite a bit of money by staying in this hotel a short drive from the arena than in the host hotel. We will be back if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were travelling through Madison and booked the room in advance and picked this hotel to let the kids play in the pool. When we arrived, the pool was closed for cleaning and the lady working at the desk could care less if we were unhappy. The only reason we picked that hotel was because of the pool. There was no real apology and no offer of a discount, room upgrade, future discount or anything. While I do understand things happen, a sincere apology would have gone a long way. The room itself was an average room and was clean except for one of the blankets, which they did replace.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bearpaws1
gmdaysinnmadison, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of the Days Inn of Madison with us. Yes our pool was out of order for 2 days over memorial day weekend. I do apologize for this and would be happy to provide compensation for your troubles. We will certainly do our best to maintain our pool in the future. The pump did break over the weekend with no one to repair this until Tuesday. Please feel free to contact me via email gmdaysinnmadison@gmail.com or via phone 608 223 1800. I would be happy to reverse your charge for this stay and also provide a free night certificate. Kyle Adrian GM Days Inn Madison
Wauconda, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I won a silent auction for a two-night stay at this hotel. The room was a whirlpool room. My wife had to work out some unclear details with the General Manager, Kyle. From that first interaction our experience was outstanding! Although Kyle was on vacation the date we arrived, he had thoroughly briefed his staff on our agreement and everything was ready when we got there. Our room was super clean and included a refrigerator and a microwave, in addition to an awesome hot tub. We were motorcycle touring over the Memorial Day weekend and our room was a welcome site at the end of each day.

My career has caused me to stay in hundreds of hotels and this one is a great example of high quality, great service and excellent value. If your travels take you to Madison, Wisconsin, stay here. Check out the numerous awards behind the front desk. It will be money well spent!!

Gene & Ashley L., Wauconda, IL

Room Tip: Get a whirlpool room. Nice bonus at the end of the day!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind response about the Days Inn of Madison. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and the clean and friendly accommodations. I hope you can join us again for a future stay. Please feel free to contact me in the future with any questions or future reservations. Enjoy your summer. -Kyle Adrian - GM