DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
$95
$205
$186
  • Pool
$82
Super 8 Madison South(Madison)(Great Value!)
$59
$151
$139
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Sheraton Madison Hotel(Madison)(Great Value!)
$146
$111
Sheraton.com
1,180 results
All reviewsdouble treecookieskohl centerstate streetgreat locationuw campusshuttle servicebar and grillrestaurant stafffree shuttlebreakfast buffetwithin walking distanceshort walkroom was cleanfront desk staffupon checkbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2010

What a great hotel! We were in Madison this past weekend to celebrate the Bagders' Homecoming game against the Minnesota Gophers. It was wonderful to be in a hotel that was so close to all the downtown restaurants and bars we wanted to visit (my room even had a view of the capital) and to be able to walk home safely late at night. Despite the craziness of the city that weekend, the hotel itself was organized and comfortable, and the staff didn't seem to be overwhelmed by the many resquets and questions I'm sure they were asked by crazy people wearing red.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The Hilton chain of hotels have always been known for going above and beyond. The hotel was clean, quiet and of course: the warm cookie at check in. Doubletree Madison is right in the heart of downtown just around the corner from Ian's Pizzaria, the Kohl Center and a short walk down State Street to the Capitol building. We stayed in the middle of July. Each year, during the weekends in July, Madison hosts a street fair which features food vendors, artists and sidewalk sales from the local stores.
I worried about parking because downtown Madison isn't really condusive to parking. The hotel has it's own parking garage and gave us free tokens to use for our parking needs.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

stayed friday-sunday, had the cookies at check in and my pre orders in my room when i arrived. (you can get milk at the bar to go with the cookies !!!) great staff, great location, very very quiet for the location and for the weekend...never heard another guest and the hotel had to be sold out. great ease of parking with the tokens, my only suggestion is to put a floor drain in my room, accessible with 2 queen with roll in shower... the bathroom flooded each time someone showered. - but i understand the need for the shower!

also could use larger tvs...37 is nice but everyone has that at home, i want more when I stay at a hotel.

doubletree is my new go to hotel for madison! already booked for the 2011 nebraska -UW game!!! go badgers!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

This was our first trip back to the hotel since it had changed over from the Howard Johnson. We were greeted by friendly people and the room was spotless. We enjoy coming here to experience how close we are to downtown, state street and the capitol. We had a wonderful experince and would highly reccommend this hotel to our friends, colleagues and family.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I stayed in the Double Tree a few nights in July. It is a small no frill hotel. My room was on the smaller side and the view outside is so-so. The hotel is surrounded by student residences, and it was noisy one night deep into the night. I did not try the breakfast. For 70-90 bucks this hotel would have been a reasonable choice. But they charge almost twice! I have been before in other hotels in Madison, and the city has much better places to stay. If you want to spend a bundle, why spend it here? The Hilton is much better. If you want to save and have a car (like me) the far west or far east hotels are cheaper and at least as good (Homewood or Holiday Inn in the west, Crown Plaza and a few other places in the east).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
DoubletreeMSNManager, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

We are located on the University of Madison campus downtown Madison, hence being next to some student residences. We definitely price ourselves within the downtown Madison market compared with other hotels and price based upon guest demand. We like to pride ourselves in our great customer service, clean rooms, complimentary amenities including internet, business center, fitness center, shuttle, and parking. We understand some people's budget may take them further away from where they need to be when coming to Madison, and some like to pay for convenience.