“The little things meant a lot”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've been to Madison a few times and have chosen to stay on the outskirts of town, but the positive reviews and my Gold HHonors status convinced me to give the Doubletree a try, and I'm glad that I did. First, it's in a very good location - walkable to many good restaurants and shops. The room was pleasant, with an updated bathroom. The fitness center, while under construction, had very good equipment. The pool and hot tub were very pleasant. Breakfast in the restaurant was an added bonus - most buffets put out the bare minimum, but items like Greek yogurt and Activia smoothies, freshly cut pineapple and melons, and made-to-order omelettes exceeded my expectations. And finally, I arrived during a blinding snow storm, and having covered parking was huge - it literally saved me 20 minutes the next morning from having to dig out the car from snow. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

We sincerely appreciate the glowing review, and we thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison with other travelers. We are so thrilled that you decided to stay with us after reading our great reviews on TripAdvisor and due to your Hilton Honors gold status – our hot breakfast buffet is a great start to the day and is a great benefit for all gold members. In addition, we love hearing our guests rave about their wonderful stays, so we truly appreciate the feedback, and we will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison while traveling on business and for the wonderful review. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

From the check-in to check-out the entire staff was welcoming and overly accommodating. Our keys did not work at one point during the stay, but Callie and Katie gave us extra cookies which made the trip downstairs totally worth it! We were given a great recommendation for where to go to dinner which was made even better when the girls told us there was a free shuttle to take us there! Mohamed, the driver, was friendly too. If our son decides to go to school in Madison, we will definitely be staying at this hotel whenever we come visit! Thank you all for the welcome and keep it up. Our whole family appreciates it!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the capitol view from our room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol M
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review! We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed a wonderful trip to Madison, including the dinner recommendation from our team. We are sorry to hear that your room keys did not work as we know how inconvenient that can be; however, we are pleased that the bag of our delicious cookies made up for it – we can't get enough of our chocolate chip and walnut cookies as well. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison, and we hope your son chooses the UW-Madison as we look forward to hosting your family in the future. GO BADGERS!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

For the past four years I have come to Madison to attend week-long professional development event. Every year, I am sure to book my room early because I want to stay at the DoubleTree. Friendly staff, good restaurant (Spotted Cow! Cheese Curds!), clean, comfy rooms. I travel a lot for work - often to five star luxury resorts - but I have a real soft spot for this hotel. It is the right combination of everything.

Thanks to everyone in Madison for always making me feel welcome!

Now, I gotta run so I can book my 2013 stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for the great review and for continuing to choose the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison for your hotel accommodations while attending a week-long professional development event in Madison for the last four years. We truly appreciate your continued loyalty, and we are so happy to hear that we provided you with the best hotel experience you have ever had. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2013 with a warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Awesome hotel to stay at for anything you want to do around the downtown area. The staff are always welcoming and very nice, going above and beyond. very good Resuraunt at the hotel, A wide variety on the menu with fair prices

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison while traveling with friends and for your valuable feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our proximity to downtown attractions, the Capitol and UW-Madison. Furthermore, we are pleased you were able to experience our award-winning team, and that you enjoyed your experience in our on-site restaurant, the Badgerland Bar & Grill. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers, and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

From check-in to check-out, interactions with every staff member were warm, courteous, and professional. I was graciously welcomed at the front desk, had a welcome letter upon entering my room, chocolates delivered at turn down, and a "Thank You for Staying" email the next morning. The room was well kept and very clean. My king bed was comfortableand provided a good night's sleep. Internet connectivity was consistently good. Breakfast spread offered plenty of options and was well presented. It's no surprise that this Doubletree consistently is voted one of the best in the country. I hope to find my way back for another stay in the near future.

Room Tip: Although I didn't ask ...... some rooms have a view of the capitol ...... would have been nice...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback and for taking the time to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison with other travelers. We also want to thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling on business to Madison, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for three days while in Madison on business. I found the hotel to be very comfortable and the staff to be very accommodating. Used the fitness club and the restaurant for breakfast and both were of very high quality. Centrally located close to the University as well as the downtown area. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison, and for the wonderful feedback. We’re happy you enjoyed your business stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary 24-hour fitness center. In addition, we're pleased that you enjoyed our delicious hot breakfast buffet served in our restaurant, the Badgerland Bar & Grill. Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison while on business, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed overnight for a conference. The shuttle picked me up when I arrived and dropped a group of us off at our conference location the next morning. The warm chocolate chip cookie at check in was delightful. Clean, modern, great little sports restaurant/bar where I got a large salad and a cup of coffee. Friendly, efficient staff. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and for taking the time to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison with other travelers. We’re pleased that you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service, and that you enjoyed your experience in our restaurant, the Badgerland Bar & Grill, and of course, our delicious DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies with walnuts – we love them as well! Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison, and we look forward to serving you in the future.