“Perfect Location for Visiting UW” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison
Ranked #3 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect Location for Visiting UW”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Returned for Homecoming Weekend and returned to the Doubletree. The location is perfect..close to State St , the Capital and the Campus. Plenty of free parking. The rooms are a good size and the staff is very helpful. Free Internet

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you for making the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison your preferred hotel in Madison, Wisconsin and for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences with others. Besides having the perfect location, many of our amenities are complimentary to guests, including high-speed wireless Internet, on-site parking, 24-hour business center, and 24-hour fitness center (not to mention those famous warm chocolate chip cookies!). We are pleased that you enjoyed your return trip and we look forward to your next visit to Madison.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

I recently stayed at the Double Tree in Madison for work. The staff was awesome and very eager to help. They were able to suggest great restaurants and entertainment for me to enjoy while in Madison. The rooms were great and the beds are really comfortable. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Madison!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison with others. Thank you, also, for acknowledging our award-winning staff. Our team strives each and every day to provide you with the best customer service and to help you with whatever you may need during your stay. Thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison; we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is one of the best hotel experiences I've had in a long time. The customer service was great - including a wonderful full breakfast which was complimentary (including hot items); a complimentary shuttle service which took us around the campus and then later to a restaurant downtown; very helpful and friendly front office staff; and a room which was clean and comfortable. The shuttle ddriver even left us a tin of those yummy cookies with a note saying how much he had enjoyed serving us. The hotel is also a short walk from the campus, for those interested. My highest recommendation!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location, award-winning staff, great facilities, and of course, our complimentary amenities and services. Thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison; your recommendation means the world to us. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

Desk staff was very helpful, and the cookies were great!!! The room was very clean and comfortable. We stayed for 2 nights on business, and despite the hotel appearing to be very full, it was extremely quiet. The hotel restaurant had very good food. We were satisfied enough to use it for multiple meals. Portions were huge!!!! Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you for making the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison your hotel of choice in the beautiful city of Madison, Wisconsin. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and experienced our award-winning staff. Our on-site restaurant, the Badgerland Bar & Grill, has recently rolled out their new menus, and are happy that you had the chance to experience the great food they serve multiple times during your stay. We look forward to hosting you in the near future!
Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed with my husband for one night at the Doubletree Hotel in Madison in August. Check-in was swift and efficient, the room was beautiful, the bed comfortable. Nicole at the front desk has been particularly helpful: I needed to make changes to my trip and she happily made some calls for me. The front desk gives good advice on dining options and the hotel has a free shuttle service to take to restaurants, etc. The only flaw was that we were assigned a communicating room and could hear the people from the other room. I would suggest to the management that they give those rooms only if especially requested or to inform customers before assigning the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison. Thank you, also, for recognizing the superior customer service and efficiency that our staff strives for each and every day. We look forward to your next visit!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

What else could have gone wrong during this stay? I came out for the Ironman Triathlon in Sept 2011. The location of the hotel is near a lot of the attractions but unfortunately it is right in the middle of off-campus housing for the University of Wisconsin and it was loud... very loud. I travel for business roughly 50 nights a year and I can sleep through a lot and accept a certain level of noise when staying in a hotel but it was impossible to sleep. There were shouting drunk kids, those soccer horns being blown at all hours of the night, and bass being pumped so loud that you could feel it until 230am. I know this is outside of the hotel's control but it was their response to the situation that made it such a terrible stay. Having a to get a good night sleep the next night to prepare for the big race, I knew staying there was not an option. Another Hilton in the area had availability so I tried to transfer my reservation to the other hotel within the Hilton family. The manager would not do it. The manager of the other Hilton even called them and told me, "they [the doubletree management] are not willing to work with us to resolve the problem." The Doubletree manager gave some excuse about a third party booking the room (I used the Ironman site to book in their block of rooms) but in situation this unacceptable, I would hope that they would at least make some effort. They admitted that the noise was a big issue but would not do anything to try to resolve the problem. They offered a different room but the noise was so loud that I knew there was nowhere in the hotel that could get away from it (I was already on a top floor on the far end). I actually ended up having to shell out $350 to stay at another hotel on top of this reservation (they wouldn't let me out even with a penalty) so I could get a good night of sleep.

Then to make matters worse, I found out three days later that there was a fraudulent charge of $810 on my credit card billed to this hotel. I allowed the $715 charge of three night stay go through but there was another charge of $810 that was charged prior to my checkin. I don't know if it was an accidental charge or shoddy guest information protection but it's just another headache from my stay.

Hilton didn't help out at all. I contacted Hilton Hhonors and other than a "we'll get back to you in three days" email, I haven't heard a peep in 2 weeks despite multiple emails from me. This experience has definitely changed my hotel loyalty.

In the interest of being fair I will at least say that the hotel was clean, albeit dated. And the non-management front desk staff was nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay here on a weekend during the school year.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pwierz
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Unfortunately, the information above is misleading and not completely accurate. Being that this particular weekend is over a special event – Ironman, downtown hotels require a 3-night stay minimum of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A deposit of one night’s room and tax is taken upon booking reservations, and guests are informed of our 30-day cancellation policy. This guest made his reservation through the Ironman website, where he was clearly and repeatedly informed about the 3-night minimum and 30-day cancellation policy and had verified that policy when he made his reservations. After checking in the first night, the guest complained about some noise coming from an outside building. Because of that, our staff immediately moved him to another room on the other side of the hotel, and had security consistently (every hour) walk by the guest’s room and outside the building to make sure that no additional noise would disrupt our guests. According to the security and manager reports, it was a quiet night and no additional noise was audible from outside the building. The guest thanked our front desk for moving him, and for helping him with various other things, including printing out directions, etc. However, the next morning, this guest became aware of an opening at a closer hotel and wanted to transfer last minute without having to pay the cancellation policy. Regrettably, as he already knew, we would not be able to accommodate that request due to the 3-night minimum and 30 day cancellation policy that he already agreed to. As far as the information listed above about having two charges, that is exceedingly inaccurate as well. $810 was originally authorized (not charged) to his card to pay for room, tax and incidentals. However, only $715 was ever charged to the guest. We do thank him for commenting on the cleanliness of our hotel and the great customer service of the front desk.
Providence
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed in mid-September.

Very convenient to state house, university, State Street restaurants and shops.
Quite happy with the service, and as always, love the cookies!

We did not try the restaurant (there are such good ones on State St.). Television and internet were both excellent, and the internet is free. Also free shuttle to the airport, and they will take you places in town, too -- though I didn't need to be shuttled around.

Slightly small bathrooms but quite acceptable.

I had a very nice view of the Capitol.

I am giving a rating of 4, though this is partly because it's a Doubletree and not a Hilton -- amenities and service are very good for this level of property, but don't expect a luxury hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Crito0
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experiences at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison. Convenient location, exceptional amenities and our high-level of customer service are the qualities that our hotel is known for. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to hosting you again in the future. P.S. We agree that the capitol views are amazing!