“Tried other hotels, but I keep coming back!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Twin Cities, MN
“Tried other hotels, but I keep coming back!”
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Everything about this property is high quality. The friendly staff, the well-kept rooms, the prompt room service, and the relaxing night's sleep. I would highly recommend this hotel for any type of travel. I didn't even mention the steak house on site and the water park! :-)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank MNTacco
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
MNTacco,
Thank you for the review and we're thrilled that you continue to visit us! Hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Indianapolis
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Upon arrival, the courteous staff was well-prepared for the arrival of our party. The check-in process was remarkably quick and within 2 minutes of approaching the front desk, I was on my way to my room. The room was prepared in a very professional manner and I could easily see the attention to detail by the housekeeping staff. All amenities within the room were in good working order which has not always been the case in other places I have stayed for twice the money. I was impressed with their commitment to environmental responcibility with the energy-saving technology employed in each room. The quality of the meals served at our conference were excellent and economical without sparing variety or presentation. It was rather surprizing to meet the president of the hotel group in the lobby lounge. He demonstarted a keen interest in the satisfaction of the guests and spent a considerable amount of time interacting with all people in the area. I would recommend this hotel for business or personal travel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, February 26, 2010
IndyCharlie64,
Thank you for the review an the kind words! It was a pleasure hosting your conference here and I truly hope we see you and your group again soon!
Onalaska
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We stayed here this past weekend and had a great time. The staff, rooms, waterpark and breakfast were all great.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, February 24, 2010
Hinitt4
Thank you for the review! We appreciate it and hope to see you again soon!
Janesville, WI
Reviewed February 14, 2010

A friend and I took our two young children for a fun night at the hotel & waterpark - Fabulous Friday package! We had a blast!! The hotel was absolutely gorgeous and so clean... the waterpark was also excellent - probably good for kids up to 6-8 yrs; definately geared towards younger children, but that's what we have - 2 & 4 yrs so it was perfect! My only complaints would be - 1) in the waterpark area there are a few updates needed... one slide on the ship has seen its better days & the wood platform to the plunge slide could use new paint 2) our tub was plugged at 9pm at night - though they did come & fix it with several trips it was a little inconvenient at bedtime 3) we had a poolside room on the 3rd floor and the convenience to the waterpark area was awesome - the one drawback was the noise. During the day, not a problem - people having a great time, that's what we're there for... the pool closed at 10pm and I was looking forward to hitting the hay... but the poolside room area was NOISY until 11:30-12am... with two little kids... that was a little difficult as that was long past their bed time. Out of the few complaints, that one was the most important to me... I wish that they would enforce the 10pm quiet time just a little bit more in that area... even to have it quieted down by 1030pm would have been great! Giving people a little time to unwind after the pool... but midnight was a bit much. But after all of that - I would definately do it again!! Hoping to plan a future trip with our friends in a <6months... we need a little time to recouperate! PS - the food at the Chop House was awesome as well.... such a great place, can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
Audrey9999,
Thanks for the review! I'm very glad that you and the family had a good time and are planning a return visit! We'll make sure and address the issues you've pointed out and will keep a closer eye on quiet time... I know how much the little ones need their sleep!
Northern Wisconsin
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Had some business in Madison & decided to stay at this motel after reading the reviews. I reserved a hot tub suite for the night stay. I didn't get to make it into the lounge or waterpark area. But overall the appearance of the motel is nice, the staff was friendly and my room is decent enough. Had one small issue with the hot tub. Just before I was going to go to sleep I was going to soak for a little while. That's when I noticed that the plunger was working in the tub. I called the front desk and they offered to switch rooms for me. But at that point in the night I wasn't in the mood for getting dressed and shuffling to another room. It was a shame that the hot tube wasn't working, it was decent size unit compared to some other motels I stayed at that had a glorified bath tub that you could barley get comfortable in. When leaving I didn't take them up on the breakfast offer, but the menu looked pretty decent and better than some stall donut and cold cereal some others offer. They did drop my room rate because of my hot tub issue. That was nice of them since I turned down getting a substitute suite. The only other comment I would make s that I wish they changed was the lounges hours. By the time I got back to the room after 10 pm the place was closed. Even with my little set back I would have no issues about staying at this motel again and would suggest it to others if they were in need of a motel in Madison.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
FrozenGator
Thank you for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, IL
Reviewed January 26, 2010

We stayed here with our entire extended family. Some had the family suites which are very nice. Since i have 3 kids, we had 2 standard rooms. The rooms were supposed to be adjoining as we were told this was no problem. We found out at check-in that they weren't. That was disappointing as we obviously didn't want our kids in a differeent room without access to us. Family members had rooms on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. Those are actually nicer than the "poolside" rooms. There were birthday parties the whole weekend outside our rooms which made it a bit frustrating to get to & from the pool. The 2nd floor though is relaxing with tables outside the room and overlooking the pool.
The "waterpark" is small. It's great for little kids but the 8 and over were quickly bored.
Our entire family had reservations at the restaurant for dinner on Saturday. My dinner (steak) was excellent and the service was good. that's impressive considering we had 22 people! My sister-in-law had fish and said it was horrible. It's a steakhouse so stick with the steak.
Overall, i think this is a good value. we didn't pay much but had a great time for the money spent.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
angiebick,
Thank you for the review! I'm glad that you had a good stay overall, but am sorry to hear that we weren't able to honor the request for adjoining rooms and that your sister in law's dinner wasn't acceptable (but it's great to hear that your steak was good and the dinner for 22 went so well!) I truly hope that we get to see you again soon!
Madison, WI
Reviewed January 20, 2010

First thing first. I have never seen a lobby like the one here. The lobby looks like it's for a 5 star hotel. When we checked-in it took us only a couple min. even with the long lines of families. We stayed Jan. 15th to the 17th. What a busy weekend it was.

Saturday there was an dispute between guests and employees. All I can say is that I felt bad for the employees. I over heard these 5 families or so ask to use the hotels birthday room. The gentleman left to presumably ask and then came back but the family was gone. About an hour later they came back and started to use the room and had pizza boxes and beer cans everywhere. When staff came up to explain that they could not use the room they got frustrated and started to complain. They were yelling at them and even their kids were getting in on the act. The staff acted very professional with what went on. I was talking with another guest while in the pool and they said that they were yelling at the life guards and other families as well. Besides that, it was a fantastic weekend. George's Chophouse has amazing food as well too!!!! Can not go wrong with this hotel.

There was one tiny issue. I read on here about all the complaints about the heating unit. I talked with the front desk and they went over the instructions on how to use it. It's as easy as pie. 1). stick the key in the slot 2). Make sure the fan and system are on AUTO, if not hit those buttons till they blink on auto. 3) make sure the temp. you want it at is above or below the room temp to get either heat or cool air. 4). if you want the system off hit the fan button till it blinks OFF. I told you easy as pie.

Lastly, compliments go out to the people that worked this weekend and especially saturday night. I believe it was Chad and Mason at the front desk and Tammy in the pool.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 22, 2010
thorshammer89,
Thank you so much for the review! I know the staff will be delighted that you took the time to recognize them (especially when dealing with some challenging moments)!
Thank you again for the kind review and we really hope to have you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Comfort Suites Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!