“Swiminng Area Fun for Children” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Madison
WIsconsin
“Swiminng Area Fun for Children”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

Stay was on Executive Level - suite very nice with tall ceilings, great decor, sitting room with pull-out sofa, microwave/refrigerator/coffee service area, walk-in shower. Desk personnel very nice and welcoming/accomodating. Bar service very nice. Breakfast buffet very good (children eat free with paying adult). Hotel full of soccer teams during our stay but no noise in our room. Very pleasant stay.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, November 5, 2009
WIsconsinSnowman, Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel's amenities! Looking forward to having you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Madison, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

My family and I live in the Madison, WI area not 5 miles from this hotel. We decided to treat the kids to an overnight stay to take full advantage of the water park. The hotel is extremely clean and obviously well run. Every interaction we had with staff exceeded our expectations. Our room, a 2 bedroom suite overlooking the water park, was fantastic for families looking for a quick getaway. We had 2 queen sized beds, a separate living room with pull-out couch as well as a fridge and microwave. The hotel has several rooms and if I'm correct the standard rooms comes with 5 wrist bands for the water park while the suites come with 6 wrist bands. I believe more can be purchased for a very reasonable fee (maybe $10??).

The water park is the perfect size for kids between the ages of 3 - 12. There were two lifeguards always present and they did an excellent job of reminding the kids to walk not run without ruining their fun. In fact, one little guy got away from his parents and jupmed into the pool (!) and the lifeguard was in the water in a nanosecond. Color us impressed. The water park is plenty big and even when many guests were present it never felt crowded. There are several tables and (we think?) we saw guests order in pizza from George's Chop House which abuts the hotel. A two-level games room is also right by the pool.

For those traveling this hotel is an excellent choice for the Madison/Middleton area. Right off Madison's Beltline (12/18) you are mere minutes (10-12) from dowtown Madison or Middleton (5). My wife and I have eaten at George's Chop House before and have always enjoyed the food and service. As someone who travels for work, I can attest this isn't your average hotel restaruant food.

My family and I had an excellent stay at this hotel and plan to take the kids back again. Check the very reasonable rates online. One great advantage to staying overnight is access to the water park both the day of check-in as well as the entire day you leave the property. So, even if you check out around 11 am you can linger at the water park once you have exited your room. For those of us in the Madison/Middleton areas you can always come back after, say, going home to rest up for a little while. I believe wrist bands are valid from check-in until the closing time of the water park on the day you check out. The room rates are very reasonable especially when you factor in the value of the water park access. For those with grade school aged children this water park is fantastic, clean and very accessible.

We can't wait to go back again and experience this Madison secret.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
PhilliesPhanatic66,
Thank you for the great review. I am ecstatic that you and your family enjoyed your stay here and can't wait to have you back again as our guests!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

I won a free weekend for the Badger game and we were treated very well. The rooms were comfortable and staff was pleasant

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, October 26, 2009
LeslieannWisconsin, Congratulations on being the winner of our Dream Badger Weekend Sweepstakes and thank you for the nice review! Hope to see you again soon!
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

We had a one night stay that was covered with my Priority club points. I was truly surprised at the level of service, the decor, and the overall feel of the hotel. It didn't feel like a holiday inn, but much more. The room (3049) was great, there were only 2 details that were overlooked - our room had no washcloths, and the toilet seat was in need of replacing. Neither detracted from our stay, and I plan to make this our hotel of choice when we visit Madison in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, October 23, 2009
NPStamp_Traveler, Thank you for the review and the kind words! I really look forward to having you back again, we'll make sure the items you mentioned are taken care of!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

Madison is only about a two hour drive from us. The fall colors are beautiful, and we decided to spend the night in Madison. Being a Priority Club memeber, I spent some points on a reward night. From some of the negative reviews, I kept my expectations low. Boy were we surprised at what a nice place it is! We were on the 2nd floor and never heard a thing. The bed was oh so comfy! The water park is nothing to write home about, but it is better than just a pool, and great if you have little ones to keep entertained. We will be bringing my grandson back to enjoy it. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The room was clean, didn't smell, and was more than comfortable for us. And... they have internet access. The fridge and micro was nice to have too. We give this location a thumbs up and will be back this week for some more R & R!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, October 22, 2009
IansNonnie, Thank you for the review and for being a Priority Club Member! I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you had a good time. We look forward to having you back again soon and please don't hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do!
Forestville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

Great hotel includes water park (hrs 9am-9pm weekdays, 11pm weekend). Good restaurant on premises. Suites are nice with separate seating/desk area, two TVs, fridge, microwave and safe. Roomy walk in shower. Bath and Body Works soap/shampoo.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Forestphil, thank you for the review!
We look forward to having you as a guest again soon, let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

I was a guest the middle part of October - I was staying on business. The hotel was very clean, the staff was incredible, and the food at George's ChopHouse was really good and at great price points - I had one of their "signature" steaks and it was prepared very well. Also a great wine selection. The rooms have new Flat Panel's and are well appointed. I didnt use the pool, but Im bringing my family back this winter for a getaway - the pool had a lot of great kids features yet was large enough that my wife and I could enjoy it. Overall had a great stay and would absolutely recommend to anyone. Nice Job!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CPBadger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, October 21, 2009
Jhager45,
Thank you for the review! I'm very happy that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed George's Chop House! The signature steaks are part of our new menu featuring many local sources for products. Looking forward to having you and your family back as our guests soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Comfort Suites Madison West
Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center
Magnuson Grand Hotel
Magnuson Grand Hotel
#50 of 61 in Madison

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!