“Family stay on way to canoe trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Madison
“Family stay on way to canoe trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and were impressed by the very upscale lobby, including a bar and grand piano. Given the location, which appeared to be in a corporate/financial business park, the hotel seems to cater to business travelers. However there is a great in door pool, with a great waterslide big enough for adults to enjoy and a separate pool with interactive water features.

Check in was quick and easy and staff was very helpful!

Our room was on the fourth floor with a view of the in door pool. Pool closed at 9, but we could hear activity well past 10. The room was spacious with vaulted ceilings and two queen beds, a mini refrigerator, microwave, and large bathroom.

The food at the attached restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. We ordered our meals to go, so we could enjoy them by the pool. Kids eat breakfast for free but is only served until 9:30. Better option would be to eat breakfast at the Denny's down the street, where kids also eat free.

My nephew said that he would give this hotel 4out of 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ILroadies
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for letting us know what a wonderful experience you had here at our hotel.

I am happy you found many of our features and amenities to be up to par. I do know that we are currently exploring the hours of operation for our restaurant to ensure all of our guests are given ample opportunity to take advantage of the wonderful food and service we provide.

We know that you have many options when traveling in the Madison area, and appreciate you chose us for your most recent canoe trip in the area. Madison offers many summer and winter activities in the area, virtually all of which we are conveniently located around.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I booked a room last minute for 1 night on a recent Friday, arriving around 8 pm on a Friday night. The check in process was quick and easy. I was assigned a room with two queen beds on the third floor. The room was at the far end of the hotel (my favorite-usually more quiet), and the beds were great with a variety of foam pillows.

The bathroom, while a bit small, had a shower with plenty of water pressure and hot water and a large sink and counter. There also was a small refrigerator and microwave.

They've got a nice lobby with a bar. There wasn't anything going on so I stopped and had a drink - Old Fashioned (the really make them well in Wisconsin and this one was well made). The young bartender was very personable and efficient. He did a good job making me feel welcome.

I'd definitely stay there again when next I'm in Madison. Good price and comfy, welcoming environment.

Room Tip: Top floors are always the quietest
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a wonderful review, and for touching on so many of the wonderful amenities we have to offer at our hotel, coupled with our elevated service levels.

I appreciate you enjoyed the fast, efficient, and professional way our team was able to handle all of your Front Office interactions. We have been updating and streamlining many of our procedures and policies in an effort to facilitate the guest experience.

We look forward to your return in the future, as we will always seek to make you feel welcome.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I wish I had read the many reviews prior to booking My stay. My son and I stayed here last Thursday. We had a late arrival and when we arrived the clerk looked disheveled in appearance and he also seemed to be a little foggy mentally as well. The room was clean however the customer service left me with a very poor impression.

There is no free breakfast at this hotel as the clerk had indicated. We ate breakfast and was feed the same warmed up eggs that you get everywhere else for free.

I will not be staying at a holiday inn again as there are many other chains with a much better value.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank George C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear George C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff and staying in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have encountered. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and you can be confident that corrective measures will be taken to improve our guest services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were here for a wedding. When we arrived Friday, it was noted to also "house" an arrow competition. We could hear constant footsteps on the ceiling in evening; and again in early am - 0600-0700. On Sat we were gone for ample time for room service. It did not happen...after 8 showers of using the same 2 washcloths, 2 hand towels and 2 bathtowels..... Breakfast was being served for $$$ with very limited seating. We ended at Denny's. We will not be returning here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear feenxfan,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We needed a hotel somewhere between Spring Green (where we would attend some amazing live outdoor theatre at American Players Theatre) and Madison. We settled on Middleton. While there were multiple properties to choose from, we were intrigued by the Trip Advisor reviews for this hotel. The rate was very reasonable, so we decided to give it a try. We're glad we did. It's a very nice, clean property with a surprisingly elegant lounge/lobby area. The rooms were a nice size and were very clean. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.

There is a large swim area on property that features a pool, play area, slide, and hot tub. The children there seemed to be having great fun. Some of the rooms open up to the pool area which would be great if you have children with you. If you prefer a quieter stay, you should ask for a room on the opposite side of the hallway.

There is an Italian restaurant on property that has great food and the service was wonderful. Upon check in we were given a 10% off coupon for the restaurant. If you do not automatically get one, be sure to ask for it (it can't hurt!).

The surrounding area is quite pretty and there are plenty of restaurants and shops to keep you busy should you have some idle time on your hands. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area are much quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christine D
Thank you so much for this review!

I am glad to hear you picked us on a whim, and were thrilled with your most recent stay.

As you indicated, we are conveniently located near many shopping, dining, and tourist attractions, as well as being conveniently located near the UW and downtown areas.

Our wide range of facilities and amenities offers something for everyone, from the family traveler, to the business class passing through.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I recently stayed at this property with my family. I have 2 hyoung boys who love to swim. We stopped here on the way to Minnesota. I research my hotel stays quite a bit and have very rarely been burned by a Tripadvisor reviewed property. I was a little hesitant at this hotel because it wasnt ranked all that high. I stay at Westins, Marriotts, JW's, and Kimptons most often. I actually liked this hotel better than any of the other hotels I have stayed in recently. The restaurant was very good and the beer selection was awesome. They had 6 or more local brews for a very good price. The pool area is very clean and large. The pool was perfect for my boys. It even has a water slide. We enjoyed this hotel so much we decided to stop for another night at the hotel on the way back through town. We had not originally planned to stay at a hotel, but it was so nice and cheap we decided to extend our vacation one more night. The location is great if you are planning to goto the Wisconsin Dells. It is on the highway that goes directly into the Dells.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank terryhumerickhouse
Thank you so much for your review, and you make a good point about tripadvisor reviews.

We are in the process of overhauling the property both structurally and from a service standpoint. The last few months have seen significant gains in many of the major scoring metrics we utilize, with tripadvisor being one of them.

It does take a while to "move the meter" so to speak, but the sentiments you expressed are ones that are recurring from many of our past and present guests, and we always welcome the opportunity to exceed expectations.

Thank you again for the review!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have been traveling on business a lot around WI area recently. I had the pleasure of finding this gem online at a good rate through the hotel website this week. This is a full service upscale luxury resort with a waterpark in the pool area, all at a 4 star price. Staff were excellent and friendly. Food inside the attached Benvenutos restaurant was also great and well presented. The hotel manager, I forget his name now but dressed really well, was extremely knowledgeable about the property and the area, and assisted me greatly with a couple of issues I had with my reservation. I was so impressed with the interaction, I enrolled into their loyalty program and will be moving away from my current hotel program and switching companies. All in all, a phenomenal stay at a good price. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Although there is no spa on-site, I was directly to possible nearby options for when I return with t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Angel2699
Hello, and thank you so much for such a wonderful review.

I am glad to hear your interactions with our staff and management team were so pleasing that you decided to join the IHG loyalty program.

The IHG program offers many unique perks to its loyalty members, including rapid ascension in rank that rivals or exceeds many similar programs. More info available at ihg.com.

I am also happy to hear you enjoyed the facilities and the Benvenutos restaurant located on site here, offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service, carryout, and delivery.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Comfort Suites Madison West
Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center
Magnuson Grand Hotel
Magnuson Grand Hotel
#50 of 61 in Madison

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!