“outstanding stay”

Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Indianapolis, Indiana
“outstanding stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I recently stayed at this property with my family. I have 2 hyoung boys who love to swim. We stopped here on the way to Minnesota. I research my hotel stays quite a bit and have very rarely been burned by a Tripadvisor reviewed property. I was a little hesitant at this hotel because it wasnt ranked all that high. I stay at Westins, Marriotts, JW's, and Kimptons most often. I actually liked this hotel better than any of the other hotels I have stayed in recently. The restaurant was very good and the beer selection was awesome. They had 6 or more local brews for a very good price. The pool area is very clean and large. The pool was perfect for my boys. It even has a water slide. We enjoyed this hotel so much we decided to stop for another night at the hotel on the way back through town. We had not originally planned to stay at a hotel, but it was so nice and cheap we decided to extend our vacation one more night. The location is great if you are planning to goto the Wisconsin Dells. It is on the highway that goes directly into the Dells.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank terryhumerickhouse
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, and you make a good point about tripadvisor reviews.

We are in the process of overhauling the property both structurally and from a service standpoint. The last few months have seen significant gains in many of the major scoring metrics we utilize, with tripadvisor being one of them.

It does take a while to "move the meter" so to speak, but the sentiments you expressed are ones that are recurring from many of our past and present guests, and we always welcome the opportunity to exceed expectations.

Thank you again for the review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have been traveling on business a lot around WI area recently. I had the pleasure of finding this gem online at a good rate through the hotel website this week. This is a full service upscale luxury resort with a waterpark in the pool area, all at a 4 star price. Staff were excellent and friendly. Food inside the attached Benvenutos restaurant was also great and well presented. The hotel manager, I forget his name now but dressed really well, was extremely knowledgeable about the property and the area, and assisted me greatly with a couple of issues I had with my reservation. I was so impressed with the interaction, I enrolled into their loyalty program and will be moving away from my current hotel program and switching companies. All in all, a phenomenal stay at a good price. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Although there is no spa on-site, I was directly to possible nearby options for when I return with t...
2 Thank Angel2699
Hello, and thank you so much for such a wonderful review.

I am glad to hear your interactions with our staff and management team were so pleasing that you decided to join the IHG loyalty program.

The IHG program offers many unique perks to its loyalty members, including rapid ascension in rank that rivals or exceeds many similar programs. More info available at ihg.com.

I am also happy to hear you enjoyed the facilities and the Benvenutos restaurant located on site here, offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service, carryout, and delivery.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return.
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I Stayed on a business trip...did not have high expectations but was very happy. The Italian restaurant on site is amazing. Rooms were nice, beds comfortable. In a grat are that is close to everything you would need. Would definitely stay again !

1 Thank jennifer s
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Madison, The hotel is a great place to stay when traveling for business or pleasure. We are located on Madison's west side and just minutes from over 25 stores and restaurants. We do offer a Benvenuto's Italian Restaurant on bar on property as well. Our guest's can relax in our spacious rooms - we have a variety to choose from and all of our rooms include free internet access, refrigerators and microwaves. If you are traveling with your family they will enjoy our Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had a great stay with us.
NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had to stay in this hotel while on a business trip. I was really unimpressed. The room was dark, badly constructed (the shower was placed in the most ridiculous spot), small, and smelled funny. I woke up with a huge headache due to that awful smell. Right next to a loud highway. Average greasy breakfast with moldy English muffins. The TV listings were all ESPN and HBO (haven't they heard of basic cable?). No interesting dining options nearby. Overall not terrible but definitely below average.

Room Tip: you can't win, you will either face a loud highway or a pool.
1 Thank NewYorkTraveler12355
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn. We do have a variety of rooms to choose from at the hotel, and we always try to honor special requests for more quite areas of the hotel when making your reservations. Our restaurant Benvenuto's Italian Grill is open for breakfast , lunch and dinner and offers full breakfast buffet. We hope you will give us another try when you are visiting our area and please call our hotel direct to request your special room type so you have a relaxing stay with us.
Belleville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stay in Madison West at lest three times per year. We are ALWAYS greeted with a smile and our every whim is taken to heart and handled immediately. Vijay, Courtney, and Stephanie are the very best at what they do. I highly recommend this hotel, and the restaurant attached.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Jacuzzi Suite. It is well worth the small upcharge if you wish to relax and unwind. T...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jon C
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for always staying with us while you are traveling through the Madison area. We are happy you always feel at home with us and we appreciate your great feedback about our employees. I will share this with them. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are staying in Madison.
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stopped here for the night after a long drive. The check in process was quick and friendly. Our room was nice and clean. We slept well and the hotel was very quiet. If in the area again I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank travelchiks
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Madison area. We are located on Madison's west side just 3 blocks from over 25 stores and restaurants within walking distance. We also have our own Benvenuto's restaurant and bar on site where you can relax after a long day of driving or working. Our
Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark offers something for everyone, slides, whirlpool and game area.
We have variety of room types to choose from - standard kings and doubles to deluxe family suites and whirlpool suites. The perfect place for business or pleasure when coming to Madison
Enola, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed here one night in May 2014. Staff was very helpful in getting us to a nearby market to buy cheese. room was nice, beds comfortable. Great pool area but my husband and I forgot our suits.
Would stay here again. Location is way outside of Madison.. if you are interested in walking the city streets, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Becky25_retired
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Comfort Suites Madison West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Radisson Hotel Madison
Radisson Hotel Madison
#16 of 63 in Madison
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!