“The hotel was decent” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison
Ranked #43 of 61 Hotels in Madison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Madison
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Upon my arrival there was trash under the beds, the room had an odor, and in my 4 day visit the room was never cleaned, I had to ask the maid for towels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Kyle M, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel. Although this is an older property, we are continually making improvements on the overall appearance of the hotel. We do take pride in cleanliness and our friendly staff. I will pass along this to our housekeeping manager and ensure everything gets adressed. Please accept this as an apology and we hope your experience doesn't deter you from staying at Howard Johnson Plaza in the future.

Warmest Reguards,
The Staff at the Howard Johnson Plaza
Brooklyn Center
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ok for value. Couldn't get comfortable temp in room, either too hot or too cold. Bathroom was freezing. Couldn't get the luggage cart down the hall because of stairs so we had to carry our things upstairs. Fish fry was good. Service a bit slow and our food didn't come at the same time. Good location and easy to get to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Kyle M, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we take pride in the customer service we are able to give to our guests, I will also pass along the positive with our staff! They will be thrilled to hear! we also appreciate your patience with us for our first friday night fish fry! We hope to see you back real soon!

Warmest regards!
The staff at the Howard Johnson Plaza!
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. I pulled in and parked next to, what I'm assuming, was a broken down vehicle, that appeared to have been there for a while.(Lots of snow on the roof/surrounding areas) Check-in went fine, the lady at the desk told me my room was closest to door 2. I moved my vehicle closer to that door, to find that that area of the parking lot was all ice. I walked up to door 2, only to find that it was missing the door handle! I walked to the next closest door and found my room. The room smelled very heavily of smoke. The bed was comfortable and rather large, but the entire room was dimly lit. I slept fine, woke up, showered and left for the day. Upon returning, neither of my cards worked to open the exterior doors. I walked around to the front entrance and the person at the desk gave me new keys. I asked her how to get to my room from the lobby and she directed me to the total opposite side of the hotel. I had to walk through the un-shoveled courtyard to get to my room. Stayed the night and when I went to leave, I walked out the door to my vehicle and there was a pile of dog poop right in the parking lot. The room was ok, besides the smoke smell, but the rest of the hotel was a nightmare. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kyle M, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel. Although this is an older property, we are continually making improvements on the overall appearance of the hotel. We do take pride in cleanliness and our friendly staff. Please accept this as an apology and we hope your experience doesn't deter you from staying at Howard Johnson Plaza in the future.

Warmest Reguards,