“the bed was cigarette burns in it we had ask for a non smoke room”

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Madison
nashville tenn.
“the bed was cigarette burns in it we had ask for a non smoke room”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

it was a dirty room with stained sheets and cig burns in the covers lamp no work & carpet stained, but it was cheap it was late we were tired...... will not stay there again,the breakfast was good the staff was friendly it was room 121 ~ 11/22/12
worst motel (of 3) for the whole trip hojo ~~~ NO IMO

Room Tip: check the room before you agree to sleep here old mattress was a lump
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kyle M, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel. Although this is an older property, we are continually making improvements on the overall appearance of the hotel. We do take pride in cleanliness and our friendly staff. Please accept this as an apology and we hope your experience doesn't deter you from staying at Howard Johnson Plaza in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
MADISON
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hi, my cousins and my sister and I enjoyed much of our stay in your hotel. There were a couple of things that would have made the stay better. The bed I had was not firm enough for me. I have fibromyalgia, and the lack of support ended up making me have pain. The games room did not have a change machine in it, which was a bit inconvenient. When we went to breakfast on Sunday morning, I was looking forward to having some conversation with my family before we all went our separate ways. An employee whose name I believe was something like Mike Rudd brought food out to replenish one of the breakfast items. He was very nice and polite, but he began to sing, loudly. His voice was not bad, and it would have been cute for 1-2 songs, but he continuted to sing at the top of his lungs all during our breakfast, and bragged about an award or two that he's received for his singing. We could not hear each other talk over breakfast and ate as quickly as we could to get out of the dining area. Later after my cousins left and my sister and I went to the lobby to waiti for our ride, we could still hear the man singing. Other guests that had eaten breakfast at the same time we did commented to us that they were not pleased with the meal-long concert either. I appreciate very much this employee's friendliness and good rapport with the guests, but I think he needs to be told to limit his singing and to stay on task with the job he was hired to do.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Kyle M, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel. Although this is an older property, we are continually making improvements on the overall appearance of the hotel. We do have a change machine on site located inbetween the bar and game room for both of there convience, We do take pride in cleanliness and our friendly staff. Please accept this as an apology and we hope your experience doesn't deter you from staying at Howard Johnson Plaza in the future.
HANOVER PARK
Reviewed November 10, 2012

As I do not get to select what hotel I stay at since the USAF chooses for me I am pretty much at there mercy I stay at this location once or twice a month I just wish they would update the hotel the tvs are older and the heaters are noisy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Victoria W, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Travelers also viewed these Madison hotels
Comfort Inn & Suites Madison Airport
Best Western East Towne Suites
Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison
Econo Lodge Madison
Econo Lodge Madison
#47 of 63 in Madison
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Madison East
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison

Property: Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison
Address: 3841 E Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53704-3648
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Madison
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison 2.5*
With the largest indoor pool in town and one of the best room rates, our full-service Howard Johnson Madison hotel is located near Dane County Regional Airport with airport shuttle service available. Our Madison, WI, hotel offers easy access to Interstates 39, 90 and 94, with easy access for events at Lake Mendota, UW Madison, the state capitol and Alliant Energy Center. Enjoy our enormous game room, work out in the fitness center, or a soak in the whirlpool during your stay. Guest room amenities include free Wi-Fi Internet access and refrigerators are available upon request. Handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our pet-friendly Madison, Wisconsin, hotel, and there is parking for your truck, bus or RV. Room service is available or you can enjoy a meal at the Northwood's Bar & Grill, our on-site restaurant. After a sound sleep, start fresh with complimentary Rise and Dine continental breakfast with a hot buffet before heading out. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Madison Hotel Madison