All reviewsmanager's receptionspotted cowfree beerchicken wingswafflesbeer winecottage cheesemiller liteevery eveningroom was cleanmadison westcookiesbiscuits and gravycorned beef hashfree breakfastwould stay here againwest side
Reviewed May 11, 2015

Whenever we travel through Madison this is our hotel of choice. Great location to shopping and better yet we always get fantastic rates considering the Managers Special they host daily, 2-hour happy hour- you'll find Spotted Cow on Tap as well as a wine choice. They also have ball-park foods available- nachos, popcorn, meatballs. Breakfast is huge- usually eggs with fresh toppings, waffles, pastries, breads, breakfast meats.

Rooms are clean- often hotel rooms might look clean but don't 'feel' clean- our rooms always feel clean here.

Coffee and ice water available all day in the lobby as well as cookies in the late afternoon.
Great value.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
Patrick S, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2015

Thanks for your awesome review! We are glad to hear that the AmericInn Madison West remains your hotel of choice when coming to town. Please know that we are here to serve you with whatever you need!

Reviewed April 28, 2015

My son and I stayed here while in town for a sports tournament. I have stayed in AmericInns before, however, this one was a step above the others I have tried. The rooms were comfortable and nicely furnished. Updated. Modern. Nice.
There was a manager's reception in the evening that offered free drinks and appetizers. I did not go, but it was great that it was offered.
The breakfast was very good. They had a wide selection including many hot items. There were warm tortillas and fresh condiments/add-ons such as shredded cheese, salsa, green onions, etc. which I thought was a nice touch. There were several teams staying at the hotel, yet the staff kept the breakfast area well stocked.
The location of the hotel is near a lot of shopping and restaurants. We were able to walk to dinner and lunch. It was very convenient and we had some excellent food! There's also easy access to the highway if you need to travel out of the immediate vicinity.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful stay and I will definitely come back if our travels bring us back to the area.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Patrick S, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2015

Thanks for your awesome review! You summed up much about what makes staying with us great. Treating guests to a pleasant stay is what we love to do!

Reviewed April 22, 2015 via mobile

Booked this hotel because it was on Epic's list of hotels with shuttles. Called the number , got central booking. Central booking told me that the hotel would take a check from my company. No problem they said but I would have to call the actual location to get an invoice that included the price with tax included. Hang up; call the location. They can't provide the invoice. Cancel the reservation use a third party booking site (booking.com) in order to get an invoice with taxes included. Call to confirm my reservation the Friday before my Tuesday trip; they absolutely don't take checks. And they were unequivocally rude about letting me know how antiquated checks are. Get to the hotel, pay with a card. Open the dossier to find local restaurants- turns out they will cash personal checks for rewards members.

It also happened to be my birthday. Sister tries to have flowers delivered they give her absolute hell about it.

The rooms are refreshed but they're not that great. Found someone else's hair in the shower my first night here.

Shuttle isn't complimentary. $32.00 cab ride to and from hotel.

Staff is nine degrees beneath whatever the opposite of helpful happens to be.

Skip this one. You think you're saving money but they will nickel and dime you to make up for it.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business
Patrick S, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2015

Thanks for your review of our property. It sounds like you were given some bad information, which can tend to happen when certain details are overlooked or when information is provided from someone other than a direct hotel representative. Please allow me the opportunity to clarify some points that you seem confused about in your review.

First, the reason you were told that we cannot provide an advanced invoice is because you hadn't paid for your reservation charges yet and hadn't stayed yet, hence hadn't accrued any charges yet. Because a third party website charges you immediately upon your booking, they would be able to provide you with an invoice right away. On the other hand, if you had requested a Purchase Order from us, that would have sufficed to provide you with pre-charges and a pre-stay total amount for the purposes of your company sending a company check with you.

About us accepting checks, I believe you were informed correctly that we do not accept personal checks, unless you are an Easy Rewards member. In that case, we do cash checks for Easy Rewards members, up to $50 maximum. However, we absolutely accept company checks as payment. That is where I believe the confusion came in the difference between our policies of accepting personal or company checks.

With regard to the shuttle, if you had continued with your direct-made reservation at our very reasonable Epic rate, your shuttle would have been included in the room rate. Because you opted to make your reservation with a third party website for the purpose of obtaining an advanced invoice, your shuttle was not included. We include our shuttle with direct-made reservations at our Epic rate for tracking purposes so that we can anticipate demand for our shuttle as well as to add value for these regular corporate travelers.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion that was created and the inconveniences that you experienced. I hope my answers clear up your questions and concerns and allow you to book hassle-free in the future!

Reviewed April 22, 2015

Not very often can I award 5 stars to a chain hotel, but this one is exceptional.
The location worked out well for me as I had business about 5 minutes away, but otherwise is unremarkable. There is a mid-sized mall and all the usual cookie-cutter chain stores/restaurants within walking distance, but that wasn't appealing to me. What I really enjoyed was the way the management here does business. The evening reception featuring free beer (New Glarus) and wine with snacks was a good start. Then we were almost bowled over by the very strong, very flowery smell of our room. A quick visit to the desk to ask for a remedy netted us another room with a neutral odor, better view and bigger bed. All done with a smile. Thanks! The room and common areas were nice to look at and clean, as much as a person can ask for in this price range. Pool, nice. Whirlpool, nice. Everything, nice. Then came breakfast the next morning. As you will read in many other reviews, the included breakfast is really, really well done. Again, nothing that will surprise you in the offerings, just many of them and all well done. Even the oatmeal was really good! And I am a bit of an oatmeal snob...Wish I could eat this well at home each morn...

Room Tip: As with most hotels, anything off the first floor offers a little more privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business

Thanks for your exceptional review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found us to be a great fit for your needs while traveling. Come and see us again soon!

Reviewed April 20, 2015

Great place to stay. Gave great discounts for the Midwest Horse Fair. The breakfast had more food available than any other hotel I've been in, except for Embassy Suites (which is more expensive). The food was great. The bathroom was big & even had shelves under the sink. Lots of space on the vanity too. Will for sure stay here next year for the fair

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Patrick S, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2015

Thank you for commenting on our breakfast - we're glad to hear that you enjoy and appreciate the value received from it's extensiveness. We'll see you next year for the Midwest Horse Fair again!