An experience I just encountered just changed my life.
Have you ever had someone plan something for you that became a big nightmare?
Let me share my personal exp when I went to my grandpa's funeral in Ft Laud- Mia area & contrast this with what I learned this weekend.
I stayed in Golden Bch Fl one of Dade County Miami's richest zip codes.
So you think I got the perfect location huh?
Its all about location, and not much else.
That hotel was right on pvt Miami Bch, lovely breakfast and nice pool, but no more praise
go up in elevator & find the handyman's special!
Even with an upgraded room was horrible, when I had a hard bed, mangled blinds & a tv that didn't work.
And was a total party atmosphere.
Sleep was non existent til I was home in my bed.
I was determined to find a place in Madison that was completely the opposite of my FL
exp. And after 30 hrs of researching the perfect place I found...AmericInn West Madison..
Ok other than the 2 screaming kids in pool while I was in AmericInn's wonderful whirlpool,
Forcing me to bury my head under the jets for 25 mins to avoid noise.
Then same happened next day in dining area forcing me to get a tray and eat breakfast upstairs.
I spoke to manager before leaving, if she gets the kid problem under control I would've given this place a 5 star! And would stay again!
I had many things to do to get gift ready for cousin Anna's wedding [AI's Business Center provided computer / printer I needed to make it all happen, plus made copies as well.
what a relief]...
Anna's wedding took place in the Madison Concourse Hotel, Other than the ball room and facilities]. AmericInn Madison West beats Concourse Hotel in every other category including price and amenities plus the soundproofing made the hall and rooms very quiet, I did not hear a peep from the outside either!
Sure I saw that Madison Concourse Hotel finally updated their rooms from the 80's, and has a fancy new shower tub that looks European. But is that worth $100 more a nite alone? I think not!
Even though AI's front desk was quite mostly busy, they did not hesitate to make my prepping a little easier. It was a wonderful wedding & I enjoyed spending time with my small family & the huge family Anna married into too!
Yes it is 10-15 mins to downtown, but with GPS, and learning the 12-14-18, and turns it almost made it simple.
The most difficult part is when my friend had to find parking for MCH brunch on Sun AM,
AI is around the corner from everything you need. I thought I was gonna pay thru the nose and have to go into the mall get attire I needed, and haircut etc. But Supercuts &
Burlington Coat Factory were literally around the corner from Americinn Madison West on
Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI, 53719
I used the three exercise machines upon my last hour at the hotel on Mon 7/21/14 , the only thing I did not get to attend was the hotels 5-7 Manager's reception. My family had me busy all 3 days at that time.
Before ending here..enjoy the fresh made cookies you get at check in, yummy! Oh and the breakfast buffet has too many foods to list and all hot and cold very yummy I might add.
On Monday I finally got to make my own waffle, and wouldn't you know it, the press thing has a
AmericInn logo on it, I should've framed it instead of eating it, it was a unique & cute souvenir!
If travel ever brings me back to Madison I wouldn't hesitate to stay at AI, Madison West, you'll will see why this is such a wonderful place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, Wisconsin the ideal location for your next stay, whether you're traveling for business or pleasure. We are proud to provide the amenities you want most and deliver them at the highest level possible starting with comfortable, quieter guestrooms. Wake up each morning to our free, hot, home-style AmericInn Perk breakfast and enjoy appetizers, beer and wine each evening from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Stay connected with free, hotel-wide, high-speed internet. Guests also enjoy our inviting, indoor pool and hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Lodge & Suites Madison West Hotel Madison
- Americinn Lodge And Suites Madison West
- Americinn Hotel Madison
- Hampton Inn Madison