“Other than screaming kids and slow elevator, place was perfect!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Syracuse, New York
“Other than screaming kids and slow elevator, place was perfect!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

An experience I just encountered just changed my life.
Have you ever had someone plan something for you that became a big nightmare?

Let me share my personal exp when I went to my grandpa's funeral in Ft Laud- Mia area & contrast this with what I learned this weekend.

I stayed in Golden Bch Fl one of Dade County Miami's richest zip codes.
So you think I got the perfect location huh?

Its all about location, and not much else.

That hotel was right on pvt Miami Bch, lovely breakfast and nice pool, but no more praise
go up in elevator & find the handyman's special!

Even with an upgraded room was horrible, when I had a hard bed, mangled blinds & a tv that didn't work.

And was a total party atmosphere.

Sleep was non existent til I was home in my bed.

I was determined to find a place in Madison that was completely the opposite of my FL
exp. And after 30 hrs of researching the perfect place I found...AmericInn West Madison..

Ok other than the 2 screaming kids in pool while I was in AmericInn's wonderful whirlpool,
Forcing me to bury my head under the jets for 25 mins to avoid noise.

Then same happened next day in dining area forcing me to get a tray and eat breakfast upstairs.

I spoke to manager before leaving, if she gets the kid problem under control I would've given this place a 5 star! And would stay again!

I had many things to do to get gift ready for cousin Anna's wedding [AI's Business Center provided computer / printer I needed to make it all happen, plus made copies as well.
what a relief]...

Anna's wedding took place in the Madison Concourse Hotel, Other than the ball room and facilities]. AmericInn Madison West beats Concourse Hotel in every other category including price and amenities plus the soundproofing made the hall and rooms very quiet, I did not hear a peep from the outside either!

Sure I saw that Madison Concourse Hotel finally updated their rooms from the 80's, and has a fancy new shower tub that looks European. But is that worth $100 more a nite alone? I think not!

Even though AI's front desk was quite mostly busy, they did not hesitate to make my prepping a little easier. It was a wonderful wedding & I enjoyed spending time with my small family & the huge family Anna married into too!

Yes it is 10-15 mins to downtown, but with GPS, and learning the 12-14-18, and turns it almost made it simple.

The most difficult part is when my friend had to find parking for MCH brunch on Sun AM,

AI is around the corner from everything you need. I thought I was gonna pay thru the nose and have to go into the mall get attire I needed, and haircut etc. But Supercuts &
Burlington Coat Factory were literally around the corner from Americinn Madison West on
Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI, 53719

I used the three exercise machines upon my last hour at the hotel on Mon 7/21/14 , the only thing I did not get to attend was the hotels 5-7 Manager's reception. My family had me busy all 3 days at that time.

Before ending here..enjoy the fresh made cookies you get at check in, yummy! Oh and the breakfast buffet has too many foods to list and all hot and cold very yummy I might add.

On Monday I finally got to make my own waffle, and wouldn't you know it, the press thing has a
AmericInn logo on it, I should've framed it instead of eating it, it was a unique & cute souvenir!

If travel ever brings me back to Madison I wouldn't hesitate to stay at AI, Madison West, you'll will see why this is such a wonderful place to stay!

1 Thank NY_Guy376
Patrick S, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
All I can say is, "WOW!" I loved reading your review. If you don't have your own blog you should think about starting one. I was completely captivated throughout the reading of your review. Thanks for showing the stark contrast between your stays at a less-than-enjoyable property and staying with us at AmericInn!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Chicago
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had a great stay at this location. I would go back. The breakfast had great options and great dining area. The room was very clean and comfortable. It is in a great area with a lots of stores. Great for families.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Patrick S, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to share some kind words about our hotel!
Boulder Junction
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The carpet edges throughout had deep dust by the wall and in the room, the area behind the night stand between the beds was absolutely disgusting. I was unhappy with the fact it took 2 requests to clean.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Patrick S, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
You were promised a clean room and it appears we did not provide that - which is extremely uncommon for us. I am happy to inform you that we have begun our quarterly deep cleaning program before the fall season arrives. Please come back and give us another try - I promise what you experienced is not the norm at the AmericInn Madison West!
Hubertus, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and beds comfortable. We were on the 5th floor away from the elevator and it was quiet. Hotel location was very convenient to downtown Madison and freeway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Laurie R
I'll pass your kind comment on to our staff - thanks for sharing your awesome review!
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I think to get 5 stars a place has to go above and beyond; I will say however this place certainly lives up to the solid reviews.

I normally stay at Hamptons or Holidays but the Madison hotels think $200/night is reasonable....well not in my book. On TA I found AmericInn. I wasn't crazy about it as the last one was rough but the reviews convinced me to try it. The place is updated, but not just paint and a new counter, everything. It's tastefully done, clean, and comfortable and less than half the price of Holiday!

If I were to complain about one thing, it would be that the heat/AC unit doesn't have the setting for constant fan, which is huge for me as I'm used to sleeping with a fan.

I will certainly stay here again, no doubts.

Stayed July 2014
Patrick S, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on what a good value you found us to be!
West Allis
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Larger volume of people/kids on weekend compared to weekdays. Managers hospitality time 5-7PM was busy at times, same with breakfast and the pool, however hotel and amenities were run efficiently and they could handle the volume of guests. Free breakfast had more variety than most and seating area large. Workout room small but all items functioned. Staff was responsive & friendly. Adding in the free breakfast, etc. it seems like a good deal for the price. Similar positive experience last year.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thanks for sharing what a good value you found our hotel to be!
Vadnais Heights
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were in Madison to attend the National Archery Competition. The hotel was full Saturday night, but we felt like we were the only customers they had. Great customer service and very respectful of cultural differences. I would stay here again.

1 Thank Ronald S
I will share your comments with our staff - who strive to make every guest feel special while they are here with us!