“Worth Checking In”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed overnight for a girls getaway. We hit a little snag when checking in and we were given a single bed for 3 adults. Booked room on a "discount" webite and when coming back to the desk to inquire about moving to a room so that we would all have somewhere to rest our heads like to had indicated in my reservation, the desk clerk informed me to call the "company" I booked with. She could see what my reservation said as far as people in the room. She could see that I paid for the "extra" person. I called the webiste and the service provider informed me that she was unsure why the desk clerk at the hotel couldnt care for the issue for me, but they called the hotel and handled it. This would not have irritated me that much, but we had gotten in to town and had limited time to get ourselves situtated before heading out to a reservation we had. Our room was very clean and very comfy. The hotel was well cared for. There is a managers reception that we did not get to take advantage of in the late afternoon but you do get free soda, wine and beer. The pool area is open late for adults and it was nice to sit and not have to deal with kids at night and talk with people in the pool. The pool is clean and there is access to a nice outdoor seating area. The late night attendant was very nice and very focused on his job and cleaning, but not very personable when we asked for help with something in the lobby. The breakfast in the morning is really good. That is worth the stay alone. Alot of places promise a free breakfast and then the surprise is that they are lacking, but this breakfast has so much it was surprising. The location of the hotel is near a mall and off the main road so it is nice and quiet. The place is worth staying at. The only suggestion I would make is that the staff remember that they are in the customer service industry. Mediocre effort will not make you a star employee and its the only reason I couldn't give and excellent rating.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
groves_bj, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for taking time to make these comments. I am sorry to hear that my team was unable to help you with the error in number of beds. We have since discussed how to better take care of our guests in regard to reservations made through the third party sites. I am glad to also hear that other parts of your stay were much more enjoyable. We strive to ensure that our guests are able to relax, renew, and recharge at our property. We are also always looking for ways to improve upon what we already have in place. The breakfast has evolved just like our evening reception. We hope that we can continue to grow our ameneties for our guests to ensure they are provided with the utmost value each time. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Love the location, quiet and set back from the road. Very homey feeling-great down stairs check in area where many people can gather to watch some tv, play games, or talk. the staff is wonderful, pool and hot tub are wonderful. The hot tub has a 4th step so be careful because you cant see it and the hot tub button is inconvenient but still very enjoying tub. would suggest to do some maintenance on the tub though. Pool temp is perfect! After a late night at the convention center, the staff still allows their guests to use the pool/hot tub-THANKS! it is much needed after a day of walking. The breakfast is fantastic!! always full and plenty and the serving staff is very pleasant. Love the free wine and beer from 5-7pm. The rooms are always very clean, beds are very comfy. Find that not all the beds are the same size and you need to request your room to have a fridge and microwave- wasn't told that on when made my reservation. been coming for years and always had a room with 2 large beds, fridge, and refrigerator. not a huge deal to me but good to know. The parking lot is the one thing i would change about this hotel. there is not enough parking for their guests. Had my brand new car scratched by someone's suitcase, $600 worth of damage. the hotel said they couldnt take responsibility because i didn't park in their lot and they didn't have cameras any where but along side of the building. I have been back since then only because the hotel itself was wonderful and so was the staff. Also, having tried a best western and having bugs in my bed there make you appreciate Americinn madison west a whole lot more. i highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: be sure to ask for a fridge and microwave if that is wanted and ask the size of the beds. double bed...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property and our staff. We all take pride in making each of our guests feel at home. I am sorry to hear that your car was scratched while at our property. I hope that we can continue to provide you with the exceptional service that you have received. We look forward to seeing you again where we can once again say, "Welcome to the end of the day."

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I arrived to find an icy room with a uncomfortable double bed - not even a queen. After turning up the heat and leaving for dinner, I returned to find the room still very cold. I asked to be moved to another room and the front desk clerk was rude and didn't seem to care. In fact, I asked him if he cared and his reply was, "Not Really." There was some sort of wine and beer reception going on, but it looked like they brought in a keg cooler to a converted meeting room and called it hospitality. Looked like several truckers and construction workers were enjoying themselves.

I would avoid this property and will not go back. It seems to be poorly run and managed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
groves_bj, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for staying at the AmericInn of Madison West. I am very sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We take great pride in our service & our amenities, and we feel badly when we fall short in the eyes of our guests.

You had expressed concerns regarding our hospitality reception as well as the service provided by my team. The reception was created to add a place for our guests to network with other travelers, and to provide them with a place to wind down at the end of a long day. We are always looking for ways to better this service as we grow and invite any suggestions that you may have to make this service better for future guests.

Since your departure we have been in touch with our team on how we can better deliver our top notch service to all our guests into the future. I would love the opportunity to earn back your business and would like to formally invite you back to stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me over the phone if you would like to discuss this in more detail. I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next stay.

Kindest Regards,

Brad Groves

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We have Stayed here at least 3 Times. Every Time We stayed here there was something wrong with the place. We Kept trying to go back to give the place a chance yet they failed every time to have the right room for us. We Paid for a King Size Bedroom Study which includes a Microwave and Fridgerator finally got it the last time we stayed. We went for our Year Anniversary and it was horrible. We had people across from us standing in the hall for hours and running up and down the halls. I called the front desk Person 3 times each night we were there and was nothing done. I asked for them to call the Hotel Manager or kick these people out they said Oh We cant do that. People walk barefoot in the Breakfast Area which is Against The Health Code There. I asked for the General Manager To call Me and also Left Him a Voicemail and was totally Blown Off!!! Very Upset And Disappointed The Front Desk Staff Was totaly rude to me!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tigereyez1974
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Had a great time - booked with Hotwire (kinda last minute). This was our first stay at Americinn. People at the desk were great - very friendly. The room was a bit compact and no fridge (which we have come to expect at a hotel of this level). We asked for, and received a late check out - they were very flexible. Did not get to sample the complimentary hot breakfast but saw that it included quite a variety (we got in at about 5am and the night manager offered to let us have an early run at it). The beds were very comfortable. I did not realize that the window AC was controlled by a wall thermostat - once I figured that out, the room cooled off quickly. The kids got in the pool twice. Lots of shopping is within walking distance. Seemed that the rooms were fairly recently remodeled. Overall a great value.

1  Thank jrmigs
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I am relatively picky about motels and had never stayed at an Americinn but they had a great rate through my husband's AARP membership so in an effort to save a little money on a 3-night stay, I hesitantly made a reservation. When I arrived, this motel was tucked away near the mall, and when I went in, it's VERY nice! I was greeted professionally, the decor is clean and updated, and the coffee is up front and was always available. (Huge plus to me!) plus the manager's reception in the evening offers free snacks, wine and beer, for a little cocktail hour in the early evening. The room was excellent except for two nit-picky points-one, there was a huge repair made above the AC/Heat unit that ran the length of the unit and was about 6" tall. It looked like a kindergartener had made the drywall patch! (Actually, a kindergartener might have done better!) and the desk that held the nice flat screen tv: It had an area for a small fridge that had been replaced by a bigger fridge now next to the desk- There was a strip at bottom missing and a large 2" screw was sticking out, not into the walking area but if I had accidentally put my foot under there, since it was right at the edge, I could have been hurt and the desk sagged so that the TV and the microwave leaned towards each other-really not horrible but it was a little messy. I would have thrown that piece of furniture in the garbage and it stood out because everything else was so nice-the desk, comfy desk chair, wardrobe, pull-out couch, etc.. Even the art on the walls in my room were really interesting photographs in sepia of flowers-like scans or something. Other than that desk that held the TV and the messy drywall repair, everything was beautiful,and there was 4 pillows on the bed and everything was super clean. I had a view of the parking lot but it was actually pleasant because there was a nice tree and the parking lot is well-landscaped. This is a busy area,not rural so lot's of shops and buildings, but Americinn is tucked back and not a lot of road noise. Breakfast was very impressive! There were 6 total hot dishes every morning-sometimes potatoes, always eggs, scrambled or mini-omelets, sausages, sausages and gravy for the biscuits, etc. There were always warm tortillas and salsa, chopped veggies, for those who like to make breakfast burritos, two waffle makers, chopped fruit like melons, cottage cheese, yogurt, toast, bagels, danishes, muffins, biscuits, 3 different dry cereals, oatmeal and toppings, juice and coffee. Really it was THE best continental breakfast I have had even at much "nicer" higher rated motels/hotels! The staff was attentive to the breakfast, and they had real plates and silverware, which I appreciate when trying to eat a waffle. The breakfast room is spacious and has nice windows and was sunny in the morning. The pool is warm and they have a whirlpool too! Everything is nearby-shopping and lot's of restaurants-and it was just a fifteen minute drive to get to the Henry Vilas Zoo and downtown. I will always stay here now when I come to visit family and save myself a few dollars to spend at the mall and enjoy the accomodations, nice staff and great breakfast! Thanks Americinn Madison West!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We hadn't stayed at this chain before but highly recommend it now! We stopped here for a night on a road trip as we needed some time to unwind and plan the next week. This was a great choice for that. We didn't do much in Madison, so I can't speak to the location of the hotel, but everything else about it was great. The room was very clean, the staff very friendly, and the cocktail reception in the evening a nice bonus. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple