“OK for a night.”

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 11, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I called Super 8 Motel Madison East at 6:45 a.m. Wisconsin time and spoke to Babette. She was so very helpful, thorough, and efficient that it took no time at all to make my reservation. She asked me for all of my cards for discounts, and that was much appreciated. Thank You Babette.

Room Tip: Ask for the front side which is the non highway side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I reserved a room with two Queen beds. It was $20 more for a Queen than a Double bed. We arrived late at night and we saw right away our beds were Double beds and not the Queen size beds. I told the front desk person the next morning. He just shrugged his shoulders and said he would "communicate it" to someone, but they didn't have any other rooms available. The 2nd morning at checkout I brought it up again to a different front desk person. I told him I had paid for a Queen room, but had received a Double room. He said no that I had the right room and that I had a Queen bed. I retold him my feet dangled over the end of the bed and that we had measured and of course it was a Double bed. He said he would pass it on to the manager and he would have to contact me. Two weeks later I have not heard from the manager. Don't charge a Queen price for a Double room. They also tried to charge me for a safe that we didn't know about, but that was rescinded as I stood there.

Room Tip: Be careful what you pay for at this location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel seemed very clean and well cared for. It was also in an area with many restaurants and shopping mall-type shops. As for price, it is entirely reasonable. It seems, however, that this is an "extended stay" type location and so besides the typical weary travelers there were a few "down-and-out" types wandering around. Also, the walls are very thin. The woman in the room next to me was carrying on a phone conversation in her room and I could clearly make out every word. Even with the air conditioner running, I could still hear the people next door talking. I don't believe they were being overly loud, its just that the walls did little to buffer sound. The man yelling obscenities in the parking lot at midnight didn't help my feelings toward the place either.