“Very clean, friendly, and an overall enjoyable experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Madison East

Super 8 Madison East
Ranked #52 of 61 Hotels in Madison
West Allis, Wisconsin
“Very clean, friendly, and an overall enjoyable experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

We decided to get away for the weekend at last minute. The first Super 8 we stopped at did not have an outdoor pool. The frontdesk clerk called the East Super 8 hotel and booked us at a reasonable rate. We enjoyed our stay...the other guests as well as the staff were friendly, the location was perfect, and the room, pool, and over all hotel was clean!! The FREE breakfast was FANTASTIC...Thanks Super 8 East Madison, WI!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 219, poolside with the balcony !!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TAC1963

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

I had an outside room on the first floor. It had a smell to it (like urine - they allow animals) so I requested another room. The 2nd room, still on the 1st floor, didn't smell, but it was dumpy like the first room. The wallpaper had hair and a dead bug in the corner section, and it was obvious that the walls had not been cleaned for some time. The baseboards around the bed were very dusty and pulled out from the wall. I had stayed here a number of years ago and was on the 3rd floor on an inside room. Perhaps that would be acceptable, but I would not stay here again after seeing two below-standard rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Algoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

We stayed on the third floor on our last visit. It is a little bigger and much quieter than the first floor. Staff extremely courteous and room very clean. Great location for east side mall and getting on and off the interstate. We always stay there to meet my two sisters and works out great. Lobby is handy for the 5 of us visiting at night. Then, there is always the complimentary breakfast in the morning. Will stay there on our next stay in Madisonon.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I got a deal, saving 33% on my bill each day, however getting that rate to be correct when they took the money from my checking account was HORRIBLE! They took it wrong, then refunded me. Then when I checked out, their computers took the wrong amount again, causing me to have multiple overdrafts, which they would not reimburse. It was their fault, and I got nowhere with the manager or Super 8.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Janesville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

We went to the hotel and were greeted by very nice employees. The outside of the building, as well as the inside was very clean. The rooms were spacious and fine for staying a weekend in Madison. The beds were a little hard, but they didn't keep me from sleeping. Overall, it wasn't a bad deal for the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

Breakfast was adequate.
Checked my debit card next day and found a $25 fee added to my stay. When I called to question it, I was told it was a "Pending" charge and that it would be taken off my bill within 24 hours. Had I not checked my card, I doubt it would have been taken off. Actually, I will confirm tomorrow that it indeed has been removed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Valencia, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

Room was clean, although the hallway had a musty smell. Clean outdoor pool. Standard Super 8 breakfast.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family