Although it was a year ago I stayed here, I had to comment because some things don't change. This was a very crappy Madison hotel that had a Baymont sign slapped on it, a trend that is happening more and more if you have seen what are passing for Baymonts these days. The only saving grace was the beds had all been replaced and the girl at the front desk was very professional... this was not enough to make up for the fact that this building is hopelessly out of date in its plumbing, electrical, accessibility, and general needs of travelers. Plus, people actually live in the hotel (it is a stop for the school bus) and you can hear their domestic disputes going on through the thin walls at all hours of the night. I specifically asked for a handicapped accessible room for my sister in law, and they put her on the 2nd floor even though there is no elevator and the landing on the stairways are so tiny you have to back down one step to open the heavy door. When they moved her downstairs, it was right next to one of the soon-to-be-drunk-and-screaming families. Although spruced up, the lobby is a tiny little nook (okay when you are the only one there, but insane if other people are there checking in or out) and the breakfast room was like a closet. I am not a fussy traveler: clean, comfortable, and quiet are my only requirements. When I saw this "new" Baymont in Madison, I thought I had discovered a gem, and it was all a big joke... on me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Motel 6 in Madison, WI is a 92-room suite hotel located at the crossroads of Wisconsin. With Interstate 39/90/94, four blocks to the east, US Highway 51 four blocks to the west and business US Highway 151 adjacent to the property we are convenient to Wisconsin Travelers. Our property is located only minutes from the University of Wisconsin, UW Health Transplant Hospital, Alliant Energy Center, Camp Randall Stadium, Kohl Center, Wisconsin State Capitol, and just steps away from East Towne Mall. Flying into Madison, WI? We are one of the closest hotels to the Dane County Regional Airport. Whether you are in Madison for Business or Leisure you will be able to enjoy our Free High Speed Wireless Internet and morning coffee everyday. We are conveniently located near several amazing restaurants which include: Olive Garden, Doolittle's Woodfire Grill, Outback Steakhouse, Takumi Sushi and IHOP. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Motel 6 Madison East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites Madison East Hotel Madison
- Baymont Inn And Suites Madison East
- Baymont Inn Madison