“madison” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Madison East

Motel 6 Madison East
Ranked #56 of 61 Hotels in Madison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Madison
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel chain must not have read my review where I asked for a refund after armed robbers assaulted and shot a person in the room above mine. They apparently escaped and the hotel was swarming with police later on. I feel security was lacking and would like a response and my money back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Patricia C
BaymontEastMadison, General Manager at Motel 6 Madison East, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for choosing us as the lodging hotel while you were in Madison, WI. The hotel did observe an issue with some guests where the police were contacted immediately. Safety of our guests is an utmost concern to us, and everything that our staff did they went above and beyond. This is not a usual occurance as we are located in a very safe place in Madison with so many restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Please contact me to discuss further. We hope you were able to enjoy some attractions that Madison has to offer while you were here.
Dayton, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We booked this location again because the layout of the king suite, with its separate living area and two bathrooms, were perfect for travel as a family. We initially booked three days (to take advantage of a promotion), with plans to extend our stay if everything went well.

We checked in late on Thursday night, and when we got to the room there were no clean linens at all, except for a bathmat over the side of one of the bathtubs. We went to the front desk and received two towels and washcloths for three people.

On Friday, we assumed that housekeeping would be through with towels while we were out. When we returned in the afternoon, the room hadn't been cleaned and there were no fresh linens. Here's where things got weird. I went to the front desk, where there appeared to be two desk clerks and a manager. Everyone looked at me like I was a total intrusion. I waited for a free moment and asked if we could have some new towels and washcloths for our room. One of the clerks turned to the manager and said, "Do we even HAVE towels?" The manager looked at me and said, "No, we don't. Go back to your room and wait for housekeeping in the morning. And don't ask about clean sheets because we don't have those either."

Okay.

So we went back to our room, because we didn't know what else to do, and used the same linens we'd used twice already, and waited. On Saturday morning, there was no housekeeping and no towels. We thought we'd accidentally left a "do not disturb" thing on the door, but that wasn't the case- they were just ignoring us. The housekeeping cart in the hallway was there, but no one ever came to our room. We called the front desk, and 45 minutes later, there were no towels. We then stood in the hallway for an hour until we finally intercepted a member of the housekeeping staff, and that was how we were finally able to shower again. We knew at this point we wouldn't be staying, and made plans to move that night.

I called Travelodge's corporate customer care and told them about the situation. Their response was that they were sorry for my inconvenience, but that they would have to VERIFY my experience with the manager and have him call me. I was blown away by this. Wasn't it the manager who told me to go to my room and "don't ask about clean sheets either"? I never did get a call from the manager. I imagine it's my word against his, and who would own up to saying such a thing?

I guess at this point it's up to us to vote with our wallets and book elsewhere from now on. I never thought I'd be so happy to see clean towels and washcloths as I was when I got to the next hotel.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, I guess I would advise bringing your own linens!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Kitsa
Lena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My stay has been very comfortable and quiet. The staff has been polite and even called me within the first half hour of arriving to make sure my room was up to my standards. I reserved a room with a queen bed and got a king! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
BaymontEastMadison, General Manager at Motel 6 Madison East, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing with us on how great your stay was while here in Madison, WI! I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our comfortable, convenient, and affordable hotel! I hope you were able to enjoy the closeness of so many restaurants and shopping within walking distance along with our complimentary breakfast and wifi. We hope you will think of us again the next time you are looking for hotels in Madison, WI!
Madison
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is the first time staying at a Travelodge. There was no elevator so I had to carry heavy luggage up to the second floor. The rooms were very small and the bath vanity was so small that I had to place my toiletry kit on the desk on the other side of the room. The beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were terrible. There were kids running up and down the halls at 1:30 in the morning and slamming doors at 5:00 am. I cannot recommend this hotel and will not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Roger S
Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to share with us how your stay was. I apologize for elevator inconcenience as well as the bathroom and kids making noises. This is an older property where elevators were not a requirement and has been grandfathered in throughout the years. We try our best to accomodate guests that would prefer a first floor, but rooms are booked on a first come basis and so sometimes it is not feasable to put everyone on the first floor. The rooms are a little smaller, where the bathrooms have the vanity outside of the bathroom. There are quite a few hotels that have somewhat of the same set up as us. Traditionally we have a quiet hotel, alothough there are times when the hotel is full we may experience some unruly guests. Our staff will take care of noise complaints as soon as they are alerted of them, however, sometimes our staff is unaware of any noise issues. I hope that you will reconsider and try us again the future when you are in Madison, WI.