“Pass this by”

Ranked #57 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Rochester, Minnesota
“Pass this by”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We got this hotel fairly cheap, at $70. The building is old and run down. Stained carpets, peeling wallpaper, cracked tiles, old tvs and extremely cheap furniture. The beds were extremely hard. The room seemed fairly clean at first glance and the ac was nice and cold. However as we were packing up, we saw an old piece of dog poop by one of the beds!!! That is unacceptable! There are people that actually live at the hotel too. You can hear toilets flush next door. This place needs to be shut down and completely re-done. Won't ever stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BaymontEastMadison, General Manager at Motel 6 Madison East, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced while here at the hotel. As some of the things mentioned are a first for us to hear, we will share this with our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel has an unusual entrance--it is difficult to recognize as the entrance and is not well lit. I had a great stay at the West Madison Baymont a few weeks ago and thought I'd try the hotel closer to the airport. This visit was disappointing though cheap. The sheets were worn and pulled. There was water dripping from the bathroom ceiling fixture, which I promptly notified the front desk about. I didn't hear back from them, but the dripping stopped 15 minutes later. The next morning, I left towels on the bathroom floor (discolored, from what??) and did not put the do not disturb sign up because I hoped the bathroom floor would be cleaned. (I don't usually do this, but the dripping was gross.) I arrived in the evening to find a DND sign on my door and my key wouldn't work. I got a new key at the front desk and the nice receptionist asked me to let her know if my room had been cleaned. It had not. My hand towel was gone, but the rest of the room was apparently untouched. I used the remaining bath towel that night, but noticed the edge that had been against the wall was discolored and damp--eww! I hope it wasn't toilet water or waste.
Overall: disappointed and won't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
BaymontEastMadison, General Manager at Motel 6 Madison East, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We aplogize for the housekeeping issue you encountered. We will mention this to our staff to see if we can locate which room you were in to correct the light fixture. With having a DND tag on the door, our housekeepers will not go into the room. There seems to be some miscommunication here. As we are not a newer hotel, we strive to be clean, convenient, and affordable. Again, we apologize the inconvenience you experienced while you were here. We hope you were able to enjoy our other amenites while you were here.

Travelers are raving about these Madison hotels

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The hotel it self is fairly nice.The front desk staff as well.But the housekeeping here is HORRIBLE.I've never ever been to a hotel where the housekeeping was as lazy as this.I had to make my own bed,vaccum my own floor.They come in and only drop off towels only if we www.My bathroom hadn't been touched in 3wks I had to complain to get that done.Then I get attitude from them when I ask why it hasn't been done or ask for it to be cleaned.They say beds get changed on tuesday for extended stay but 2 Tuesdays went by before it got clean.I also had to complain to get that done....just HORRIBLE and DISGUSTING!!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Madison. We apologize you had some housekeeping issues while you were here. We do have special rates for guests looking to stay 1 - 3 weeks while in Madison, and with this special rate, there are some limitations that are done with housekeeping to enjoy the lower rate. However, your room should have been serviced more than you had described above. We will share this with our staff, and see if we are able to find any communicaiton issues. We are glad you enjoyed our staff, and hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast along with having so many restaurants and shopping within walking distance. We hope you will give us a second chance in the future.
Prairie du Chien, WI
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My son and I were looking for a low cost place to stay for my other son's bachelor party held in Madison. I got a "special rate" on Travelocity...$42...which was exactly what I wanted. Room was relatively clean and bedding was just fine. Room was quiet and the morning coffee and continental breakfast was adequate considering the price paid. While this is not the newest facility...it is VERY conveniently located next to the East Towne Mall and a multitude of restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013
BaymontEastMadison, General Manager at Motel 6 Madison East, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking a few minutes to share with us how your stay was while here in Madison, WI. We are glad to hear you received a clean and quiet room at an affordable price in a convenient location. We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast that is offered 7 days a week. With being only blocks away from the historic downtown madison, we are located between I-90/94 and Hwy 51 just off of East Washington Ave (Hwy 151), with so much to see all around us. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time you are in Madison!