We were in town on a combination business/family trip, and we were initially pleased that this hotel was convenient to the mall and multiple dining options. Our plans were to stay Thursday and Friday, and when we decided to add on Saturday we were told that we would have to change rooms. Fine, we can do that. They told us that our room for Thurs-Fri would be a king suite and then we would move to a normal "queen" room on Saturday.
The king suite was very nice, relatively roomy. We loved that there were two bathrooms and two desk areas. The fridge was nice to have, too, and it was helpful to have two televisions so that different family members could watch different things. The sink-right-next-to-the-door thing was a little unwieldy, I never got used to the fact that there were no trash cans in the bathrooms and the toilet seemed to flush in slow motion, but the shower was great. No real complaints.
We dutifully packed up our things on Saturday morning and checked out, then checked back in on Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure exactly what this bed is called, but it's definitely not a queen-size. I'd call it a really wide twin or a really narrow full. The room itself was smallish, but that was workable. The size of the bed was the only real problem. We could easily sleep on a queen-size bed with our young daughter between us, but on this one it was nearly impossible.
We went to the front desk and told them about the problem, but they didn't rectify the situation because we were "paying less than the queen rate". We would have paid the queen rate to get the larger bed, and that's what we thought we were doing! I'd rather that than try and sleep in a rickety armchair because I'd fallen out of bed one too many times. They also tried to tell us that it had been our error when booking, which is harder to believe given that we called to make the reservation and (believe me) we would never have said "Oh, no, the queen bed's too big, we need something smaller." Very displeased with the turn of events, and it paints our whole stay in a more negative light.
The property itself, as I said, is convenient to the mall (you have to cross some parking lots and an access road, but it's not impossible). There are lots of dining options in the area. They have a breakfast bar that includes an intriguing DIY fresh waffle machine, but the small breakfast area was so packed I couldn't even get anywhere near it and just had to grab a banana. The internet is free, but bandwidth use is monitored.
We're moving on to a different hotel to finish our stay, and we're very relieved at the prospect of finally being able to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Motel 6 in Madison, WI is a 92-room suite hotel located at the crossroads of Wisconsin. With Interstate 39/90/94, four blocks to the east, US Highway 51 four blocks to the west and business US Highway 151 adjacent to the property we are convenient to Wisconsin Travelers. Our property is located only minutes from the University of Wisconsin, UW Health Transplant Hospital, Alliant Energy Center, Camp Randall Stadium, Kohl Center, Wisconsin State Capitol, and just steps away from East Towne Mall. Flying into Madison, WI? We are one of the closest hotels to the Dane County Regional Airport. Whether you are in Madison for Business or Leisure you will be able to enjoy our Free High Speed Wireless Internet and morning coffee everyday. We are conveniently located near several amazing restaurants which include: Olive Garden, Doolittle's Woodfire Grill, Outback Steakhouse, Takumi Sushi and IHOP. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Motel 6 Madison East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Madison East
- Baymont Inn & Suites Madison East Hotel Madison
- Baymont Inn Madison