“Captain, Civil Air Patrol”

Motel 6 Madison East
Ranked #58 of 63 Hotels in Madison
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Captain, Civil Air Patrol”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Was down from La Crosse Wi for a FEMA course for 2 nights. The hotel was clean, bed was comfortable, the breakfast bar was good with fruits, waffles, rolls, cereal, etc. It was not fancy, but for the price ($53) was more than I expected. The room was not large, the bath was small, and the sink area was very small as well. This was not the Crown Royal I stayed at a couple of months before ($129), but serves the needs if you don't need the frills. The staff was very courteous, and helpful. Their attitudes were great! I will not hesitate to stay there again when the need arises.

Room Tip: Ask for AARP discounts
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
BaymontEastMadison, General Manager at Motel 6 Madison East, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for taking a few short moments to give us such a great review! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you think of us again the next time you are in Madison!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The 2 star rating given to the Baymont Inn is misleading. Unfortunately, this is the 2nd time I got stuck staying here. No matter how many people in your party, when booking through priceline they assign you a tiny, dated, cramped room w/a small double bed barely big enough for 2 people and extremely uncomfortable for sleeping. Called the Baymont in advance when I got stuck again for the 2nd time through priceline to upgrade my room to 2 beds which the Baymont employee agreed to. Upon arrival a week later, I was told that there weren't any 2 bed rooms available. My son got stuck sleeping on the floor. We were upgraded for the 2nd night, but if you do get a room upgrade, they slap you w/an $11 add on fee. Called priceline and suggested that they rate this place w/only ONE star. They advised me in the future to bid a little higher and to go for a 2 and 1/2 star rating for this locale.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank cjahn70
Thank you for taking the time to give the hotel a review of your past stay. I apologize for the inconvienence you went through while making your reservations through priceline. The hotel is now under new management as of July and we are looking to improve issus such as yours going further.

Travelers are raving about these Madison hotels

Chicago
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was the first time I have ever had a hotel tell me there would be an upcharge for an accessible room. Additionally, the front desk clerk was extremely rude and demeaning. In all the traveling I have done, this is the first time I have ever felt discriminated against due to a disability. If the clerk had not been so demeaning, I probably would have paid the extra fee without issue, but his attitude really turned this into an incredibly embarrasing and unhappy situation for me and my family.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cbrandt1209
I want to apologize for the last stay you had at our property while you were in Madison. The hotel is under new management as of July and we are looking to improve issues such as these going forward. Please think of us the next time you are in Madison. Thank you.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 17, 2011

For 30$ i thought i had found a great deal, boy was i wrong!!!! We arrive and see a dark drab room with dingy stained towels and old worry out decor... The general appeal was frankly depressing and partys going on all around (not fun when trying to put a toddler to sleep. Then to be awakened at 3am by a staff member saying he smells marijuana smoke in the lobby and corridor and says ME & my daughter (1 year old) and husband must leave. Seeing as how it was 3am, i had to get dressed and see what on earth us going on. I go to the front (passing a room having an active party) to ask the problem and solve it as me and my daughter area irritated and eager to get back to back to bed. The staff aggressivly snapped at me when i told him he must have the wrong room, to please further investigate. He cut me off so i asked for a supervisor which he refused then i asked for the # to corporate which he also refused and then got very aggressive and far beyond rude with my daughter in my arms, and this is the WORST establishment I've ever been to ever!!! NOT A PLACE FOR FAMILY.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank abbottpres
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on our hotel. I want to apologize for how your last stay was. I can understand how frustrated you must have been when this issue presented itself at the time it presented itself. The hotel is now under new management as of July and we are looking to improve going forward. Hopefully the next time you are in Madison you will think of us and give us another try!
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I was very disappointed in my stay at this hotel. Even though I got a great nightly rate, I expected a better than average hotel, but it clearly wasn't.

PROS:
--The neighboorhood seems safe
--A mall, lots of shopping and restaurants are walking distance away
--The waterflow in the shower was better than mine at home

CONS:
--No elevator
--Cleanliness of the hallway and stairs was poor (pieces of bread were on the steps)
--Cleanliness of the room was questionable (there was a large red stain on the carpet)
--The room was non-smoking, but obviously was a smoking room previously. The cigarette smell was overwhelming--so much so, that I had to wash everything (even stuff I didn't take out of my suitcase) when I got home.
--I've read that the hotel was recently renovated, however, the furniture in the room was clearly worn--there were cigarette burns on the desk, the letters and numbers on the TV remote and A/C unit were worn away so much you couldn't read it anymore.
--The A/C unit was very loud.
--The size of the room was quite small.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
AaronHanus, General Manager at Motel 6 Madison East, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Trip Advisor review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. I can assure you that any cleanliness issues you encountered are definitely an isolated incident for this property.

Milwaukee
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Stayed the night while en route to the Dells. We had to do some last minute shopping so it was nice the mall was nearby. We stayed here a few years back and the property was average at best, however some friends traveling with us said that they stayed in the spring and it was definately better than the time before they stayed in 08. Its not your 5 star hotel but it has was it offers, a clean room, & a friendly staff. PS thanks to the Saturday morning desk person for going out of their way and helping us with our luggage.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
AaronHanus, Manager at Motel 6 Madison East, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

SK
Reviewed July 15, 2010

For $74/night you can't expect luxury.

The pros: This hotel was conveniently located near the highway, was easy to find, was affordable, and allowed pets. The service at the desk was very good, and check-in/out was quick and professional. There is a free breakfast but we slept in.

The cons: The rooms are... cozy. A king-size bed takes up most of the space, not much left over for all the luggage or a crib for baby. The a/c was working, but it was a small and noisy unit. The bathrooms are really showing their age with noisy fans and the tub didn't drain very well. We also found the pillows to be very uncomfortable.

You get what you pay for, here's hoping the chain pays for some upgrades soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business