All reviews lake mendota relaxation pool resort fee boathouse restaurant ice rink beautiful hotel floor to ceiling windows self parking a lake view room beautiful room room service state street restaurants and bars walk in shower fitness center king room capitol building
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived with high expectations - luxury hotel in Madison right on the waters edge. Pulled up outside and no valet staff around - so self parked (no big deal). Reception staff checked us in but the wonderful friendly staff I’d read about in the reviews were obviously off that day. Beautiful room (Lakeshore King) with fantastic views but no bathtub only a shower. When I called reception to ask if there was a room with a bath available we were told there weren’t any...so if you’d like one I’d suggest you request that when you book. With luxury in mind I was surprised there were no slippers, shower gel or high end toiletries and no turndown service. Yes there were bathrobes, but they were frayed and looked old. Thin towels (some were even dirty when we arrived) and not many of them. The impression was everything was bare minimum which is fine but not when you’re paying $600 a night! I’d say that the Edgewater’s main target is corporate guests (many function rooms and even the Skybar on the top floor with great views isn’t a bar but a function room closed to guests!)

In conclusion - this hotel is in great position, with fantastic views but charges luxury prices without the luxury touches.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
asupinmadison, Assistant Director of Rooms at The Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear GoPlaces653429,

Thank you for choosing The Edgewater and for taking the time to provide your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations, nor ours. As Madison’s premier luxury hotel we strive to provide professional, courteous and impeccable service, however we failed to meet the mark on several instances during your stay with us. I will be sure to address the service issues encountered with all responsible departments to ensure any inconsistencies are corrected moving forward. I’m also happy to inform you that we are currently in the process of upgrading our line of bath amenities as well as towels and bathrobes. These updates should hopefully be complete in the near future. I understand that your recent Edgewater experience fell short of your expectations, but I would like to assure you we are diligently addressing your concerns so as not to repeat them. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to The Edgewater if your travels find you in Madison. I can assure you your stay will be flawless and seamless. Please do feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, or if I can every be of assistance in any way possible.

Best Regards,

Jason Wells
Assistant Director of Rooms

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Saw an outdoor end of summer concert on the patio of the Edgewater. Beautiful setting right on the water. Very close walk to downtown (Capitol, bars, restaurants, etc.). Looked like a wonderful place to stay. Unfortunately we didn’t stay there, but I enjoyed the setting! We had lunch right next door - outside overlooking the lake. Great day!

Stayed: August 2018
asupinmadison, General Manager at The Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lynn C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback about the experience you had at The Edgewater. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed the concert and our public Plaza! We hope you will visit us again soon for a delicious meal, a lively concert or a relaxing staycation!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I called into the hotel to get assistance for the upcoming weekend and Myron, at the front desk, could not have been more polite or helpful. What a great first impression he gave for a wonderful weekend.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Jackie H,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with Myron! I am so pleased to hear he was able to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you to The Edgewater soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Excellent views over the lake. Not quite comfortable for more than 2 guests. Sofa bed cheap mattress. No sheets. Could use some paint touch up. But otherwise it is all about the view.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family

Dear jknows,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I apologize the Presidential Suite did not meet your expectations, your comments have been brought to the attention of our housekeeping manager to ensure the room is refreshed for future guests. When you are next in Madison, we hope you will stay with us again and we are happy to make a recommendation for a room more to your liking.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I worked with Myron Petties to book a stay at The Edgewater. My stay was the result of a work event that I was scheduled to attend last minute. There had been a block of rooms reserved however I was outside of the reservation window for that block. In spite of a very full hotel Myron worked with me to come up with a solution to ensure I would not have to stay somewhere else away from the group. As any regular business traveler can tell you, this type of customer service at hotels has become rare. A huge shout out to Myron for accommodating me!

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
asupinmadison, General Manager at The Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear Scott V,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I am so pleased to hear Myron was able to accommodate you at The Edgewater during your work event! I hope your room was comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you to The Edgewater when your business brings you back to Madison.