Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
$85
$197
$75
Country Inn
$150
$135
  • Pool
AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West(Madison)(Great Value!)
$93
$82
$149
  • Breakfast included
The Edgewater(Madison)
$149
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
$101
$76
$169
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
$150
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsshopping and restaurantsindoor poolfitness centerking suitegrowlerinterstatedowntowngamewhirlpoolbadger
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is my first ever negative review. As a Platinum Elite member of IHG, I checked in a few weeks ago to be put in a very unacceptable (and below what was guaranteed by my corporate rate) room. I voiced a concern and was told there was nothing else available. A coworker behind me with Gold Status checked in and was given a king size suite (same corporate rate) versus the small double room I received. When I answered the customer service review the following week, I received a call and a promise of points to be added to my account, as well as correction of the issue. Those points have never been issued to my account.

Last week I checked in and once again was given a double standard room while my coworkers (all male) were given king suites in accordance with the corporate agreement

. In addition, there was no hot water on the second morning. And there was a cold front and the bar and restaurant area were so cold we couldn't eat there. Our calls (there were 5 of us staying there) were ignored and we were told finally there would be hot water by 5:45am. We left at 7am and there was still NO hot water.

I will not be returning to this hotel, nor will anyone on this account.

Room Tip: If you have status with IHG, you need to call in advance and request a 6th floor room. I hope you have better luck than I did.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear schambli ,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We would like to address this with you further. We have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for business on December 12, 2013. Since I am a priority member I was able to stay on the priority club floor which is the 6th. I was happy to be up there. It's more secure since you have to use a room key for the elevator the room was clean and the bed was excellent. The only gripe I had was the priority Lounge for members. There was a small veggie tray and warm pretzels. That was it. Compared to other IHG hotels, it was really lacking. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
Sandy H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison.

We are very happy we exceeded your expectations, with the exception of the club lounge snacks. I have shared your comments with the Chef, and told him we would upgrade the food for our guests. Thank you for the suggestion.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza last night. I've stayed here a number of times in past years but not for a few years now. Front Desk was very pleasant and quick to get me checked in. Clean room with plenty of room on the 4th floor. Bar has been updated- pleasant filled with mostly business folks. Bartender was very polite and attentive. All in all a very, very nice stay as usual.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise from Washington Avenue.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Sandy H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison.

We strive to provide the finest service in the area, and it is nice to hear your positive comments. and we hope to serve you in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is an older Crowne Plaza that's a little ragged around the edges. However, the service standard is excellent and the price (at least when I stayed) is right.

Rooms are clean, bedding is comfortable and excellent, and the showers are strong. Overall, I found the facility to be in good condition (though there's some ugly water damage in the lobby atrium). My biggest complaint is the gym - the equipment is functional, but old, and there's hardly any of it. If you want to work out after a day of business, you'll be waiting a long time for that single treadmill.

Still, this is a good value property that - if the location works for you - is worth the stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison. We appreciate your kind words in regards to the staff. I understand your frustration with the exercise room and we do have two additional machines on order. We are also in the process of doing some caulking outside the building and will then have the ceiling replaced in the lobby.

We do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Madison.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were in a first floor room and there was an awful smell. It was a raw sewerage smell in the hall and in our room. The hotel is in need of repairs. The carpet needs to be cleaned or replaced. Tiles in the ceiling in the lobby were stained and needs to be replaced. The room itself was clean.

Room Tip: Anywhere away from the awful smell!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

I want to apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We are in the process of completing several renovation projects. Caulking is being done on the outside of the building, and then the ceiling in the lobby, pool area is being replaced. We are also in the process of replacing carpet and repainting guest rooms on 3 floors of the hotel, which should be completed by the end of January.

We strive to provide the finest service in the area, and do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.