“Very nice lobby and area but my room was lacking everything”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison
Ranked #53 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

So the facilities of the hotel are very ample and clean. The lobby, pool and bar area are open and connected with each other.

The pool was a little small but functional. I particularly don't like the location since it is right off from the lobby but at least it was enclosed in glass so no noise problems. Just the privacy issue.

My room had a small living room area but it seemed that they forgot a few things in the room.

There was no tv in the living room. No closet door. The closet walls were dirty and paint was peeling off. When I opened the window, there was a lot of spire web.

The bathroom had tons of counter space but the door was too close to the toilet and bathtub

The bed was very comfortable and the extra space of having a living room was nice. Thank you!!!

The decor and actual furniture is dated. Hopefully the hotel can update soon

The location of the hotel was across the street from a mall and nearby well known chain restaurants

• Stayed: June 2013
Sandy H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all comments, and although we are disappointed to receive negative comments it certainly does asssit us in addressing issues. I understand your comments about the pool area. Guests either love it, or thinks it is odd to have it in the lobby.
In regards to the guest rooms, this year we will be adding the new IHG bedding, as well as replacing carpet in all guest rooms. I do not know why there was not a television in the living area, but I assure you it will be addressed.

Once again thank you for your comments. We strive to provide the finest service in the area, and do hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Madison.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

• Friendly and polite staff.
• Superb service. Free drinks, etc.
• Beautiful lobby and restaurant/bar area, excellent layout, loved the pool view from the lobby.
• Enjoyed the hot tub 10-minutes stay, albeit the water appeared to have more chlorine than necessary (jets created plenty of thick foam.)
• Room amenities and bedding were excellent.
• The view from the room window can get you to a gloomy mood, so keep the shades closed ;)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Thank Dr. Nabil H

I would like to thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza.

We appreciate all comments, and we are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay. I have spoken with the Engineering Department to ensure all chemical levels are as they should be, and they are checked twice daily.

We strive to exceed our guest's expectations at all times, and hope to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am currently going through some training for work and will stay here for a total of 7-8 weeks. I will review each week I stay as all rooms are different. The first week was GREAT! Very friendly staff; beautiful lobby and restaurant/bar area. My room was good and I loved that each bed has 4 pillows. (It's only me in the room so I used all 8 for myself!) The shampoo, conditioner, and lotion is AMAZING; far better than any hotel I've ever stayed in! A special "relaxation package" was also left on the bed. It is a combination of lotions and spray that is supposed to support a better night's sleep. I loved it, although it did smell a little masculine. Best of all was the free drink tickets (one for each day I stayed) for either the bar or the Starbucks in the lobby. The fitness room is in need of updated equipment, that's for sure. Sticky buttons and squeaky mechanisms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Sandy H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison. I am certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will check with our Engineering Department to ensure maintenance has been performed on the exercise equipment.

We hope we are given the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 weeks while on business in Madison. The building is older and there was major construction outside on the road. Access around the building was limited. I expected to hear noise from the outside but was not an issue. The room was a good size but with dated furniture. The bathroom was a good size and clean. The bed was comfortable with clean sheets. There wasn't a good view outside as it was not a picturesque area. The pool is located at the front lobby. Might be uncomfortable to be seen by everyone in my trunks. The restaurant is located at the front lobby as well. There is a Starbucks in this hotel. The breakfast was adequate. However, the service and the staff are superb in this hotel. Housekeeping was excellent. I stayed for the full 4 weeks because of the great service. The staff accomodated every single request of mine. I also changed rooms for personal preference. They also provide shuttle service for the surrounding areas. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time out of your day to post your comments on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison.

We pride ourselves on providing the finest service in the area, and I thank you for your kind comments regarding the service we provided to you.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our room smelled old and musty. I'm not sure if it was because we were above the pool or not. It hit you as soon as you walked into the room. The rooms seemed like they could be a little cleaner too. I wouldn't stay here again, but it was fine for a budget through priceline.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor; however it is very disappointing we did not exceed your expectations.

I will certainly address the cleanliness issue with the Housekeeping Department, which was a disappointing comment, as cleanliness is a most important issue.

I am not aware of a musty smell, but it too will be discussed.

Once again thank you for your comments, as it will only assist us in improving any issues.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very welcoming and clean. Pool and workout area as well as free wireless. Regular rate online however was twice what I paid for through Hotwire. Great location near lots of shopping and restaurants. Well I guess I cannot keep this short because it appears that there is a minimum amount of words I have to use and I am a very concise writer/speaker.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We booked here at the last minute and were very pleased to find somewhere that would accomodate my 50 lb dog. I thought the service at the front desk and the bar was adequate and friendly, the room was clean and the pool looked nice. Our dog got a little goodie bag with treats and he was even able to sit in the lobby with us while we had a drink. It was a very pleasant stay and I'd definitely go back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family