“Another Crowne Plaza that is inconsistant with brand standards”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison
Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed October 11, 2007

Stay at the Staybridge sweets or a new HI Express, you will get a much better value. The hotel needs to be upgraded and the maintenance of the hotel could use some work. The staff was perfectly nice and helpful, however at the price I paid (cheapest rate on Internet site) was not a good value.

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank MPS_PHL

Reviewed September 18, 2007

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Madison twice in the past year, and have to admit that it is a very average hotel. It is located in a suburban part of Madison, near the airport and across the street from a big shopping mall. So, if you are looking for an urban environment, this wont be it.

The rooms are decently decorated. The new Crowne Plaza beds are quite comfortable, and provide a great night's rest. However, the rest of the hotel is quite old and in need of a facelift.

The hotel's staff is average... they dont go out of their way for a guest. On my first night at the hotel, I went to lock my room door only to realize that the doorknob was full of wet paint. I dont know where the paint came from, but it shouldnt have been there! I complained and received no apology.

On the whole, I would suggest finding other options if possible.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank globaltravelbuff
Reviewed September 9, 2007

Nice location, price was good via Priceline (about $75 w/ tax, over a weekend.) Coffee was very bad, even in the "dining room", ie, lobby. A very offensive odor permeated from the side entrance corridor. This may have been sewage but was at least something of a decaying nature and smell. The beds were comfy, the loud noise of children playing in the hallways would be annoying to many travelers. One of our beds seemed a bit damp, and the exhaust fan in the bathroom did not function effectively turning it into a steam sauna.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank PlatterTalk
Reviewed August 6, 2007

We had stayed at this location many times and never had a problem. During this stay our daughter fell out of the bed and hit her head on the nightstand in between the two queen beds. She was screaming. When we turned the lights on we were horrified to see her eye lid had been cut open. We applied ice and contacted to front desk. Here injuried did not require stitched but by the next morning her eye was swollen shut and both her eyes were black and blue. We were asked to fill out an accident report. They never asked about her condition nor did they ever follow up on it. The night stand have very very sharp corners and I made the suggestion of covering them or not having sharp corners on their furniture to which I recieved the responce "it was not their job". I was upset that they had an I do not care attitude and told me that I should be the one cheching the furniture. I do also want to add that my daughter was 9 at the time.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank deno75
Reviewed June 26, 2007

I was traveling all day only to find myself stuck in Madison, WI due to weather. Not a single flight going out. Needless to say, I was not in a very good mood. This is not the first time that this has happened to me and I have been put up in unacceptable places before. I was very pleasantly surprised to have had the Crowne Plaza recommended to me by the airport. Service was outstanding and my room was perfect. I love the beds! After a long and very grumpy day, the Crowne Plaza is exactly what I needed. Thank You.

3  Thank nesta7597
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Great beds and state of the art rooms with internet

Reviewed May 3, 2007

I am pretty much a loyal Holiday-Inn brand/Priority Club member and try to stay in their brand hotels.

I've been staying at the Crowne plaza several nights a year when I am called to Madison on business. Service is consistently wonderful by the staff and the hotel is clean.

On my most recent stay in April 2007 I was pleasantly surprised with a free upgrade to a suite!

The only two things that I have seen in recent years that are of concern/notice is:

1. Hotel could use updating (furnishings/bathrooms)
2. Room service food quality has gone down (no longer provide bread/butter with dinners - must special request condiments).

Even with these two things, I continue to stay there because I feel it's a good value for what is offered, love the staff, excercise and pool areas and the location off the interstate.

2  Thank Itlngrl