“Great deal for the Money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West

Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Ranked #39 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Galena
“Great deal for the Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2006

I was attending a two day conference in Madison and didn't want to pay the prices at the Marriott. The Baymont was right down the street, in a great location, for 2/3 the price. An excellent breakfast was provided each morning, the staff was helpful & friendly, the room was spacious and for those of you who can't start the day without a run, the surrounding area offers miles of safe & scenic sidewalks. Lots of chain restaurants as well as ethnic eateries (it IS Madison, afterall!) in the area as well as several shopping malls and nifty boutiques (Monroe and State Streets, better, of course, when the students are on vacation). The Henry Vilas Zoo is wonderful and if you're a biker (as in the pedaling variety) you've come to Paradise since Madison is one of THE most bike-firendly towns anywhere on the map.

• Liked — The location
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank simmyandernie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Boone, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2006

In order to assure the reader that this is not a "crank" review, our confirmation number for the Baymont - Madison was #451254495 and our stay was for the night of July 29th. My wife and I are in our seventies and we were concluding a brief vacation with our daughter and granddaughter (age eight) when we checked into the Baymont - Madison. Our granddaughter wanted to go swimming in the hotel pool. When we entered the pool it was complete bedlam; youth baseball teams had taken over the entire pool and were rough-housing, and "cannon-balling" from the edge of the pool - in other words, creating an unsafe situation for young children in the pool. I told one of the youths to stop, that someone was going to get hurt and then I went to inform the front desk of the situation. The parents of the players were at pool-side but did nothing to supervise their children. The front desk personnel said that they would not do anything to rectify the situation but admonished me for shouting at the children - I was embarrassed and totlly frustrated to be lectured for reporting a dangerous situation and the staff refusing to take any action. When I returned to pool-side to be with my wife, daughter and granddaughter the ballplayers took out their vengeance - they drenched us with water by canon-balling right in front of us, hit my daughter with a hard ball and hit a nearby woman in the chest with a frisbee. Returning to the desk we were again met with an excuse that nothing could be done about the situation; not even a word to the parents to control there children. The rest of the stay we lived in fear that the youths would discover our room and make life miserable for us by beating on the door. In the morning we made a quick escape. I have contacted both the manager of the Madison - West about the situation and the corporate office of Baymont but received no response. My wife and I are not trouble-makers nor prone to complain ; we did not scream or berate to desk personnel. We have stayed in many hotels in our more than seventy years but never had a situation to approach our experience at the Baymont - Madison and its corporate office . We were treated by the staff with total indifference and absolutely not apologies - in fact, we were berated for informing them of a dangerous situation. It was an experience none of us will ever forget.

Alden Peterson
Boone, North Carolina

• Disliked — Lack of Responsibility by Personnel
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
7 Thank aldenpeterson
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2005

My wife and I have stayed there once a year for the last four years and this may have been the last. The only problem being that the rooms are in need of repair. The staff are always very friendly, we like the indoor pool, we like the lounge, but each time we have noticed the rooms need maintenance. Wall paper pealing, towel rack hanging by a thread, holes in walls where pictures used to be. Its a good location (nice area of town), and I reiterate the staff are always very friendly and accomodating but the rooms need to be redone.

• Stayed August 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Benefits
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2003

Chose Baymont because they have free hgh-speed internet - but mine wasn't working.

I called front desk to complain, and got referred to the ISP's help desk.. who was unavailable.

In danger of missing a serious business deadline I let Baymont know just what I thought of them and how my future business would NOT be coming back.

Internet Provider was tardy, but when they got back to me they actually had a very good excuse and took care of me promptly and professionally.

Additionally, the Baymont concierge soothed my jangled nerves with appetizers and a beer delivered to my room by a smiling attractive person.

I went from Furious to Grinning. Nice work Baymont!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2002

A friend's wedding took us to Madison for a two day, two night-stay at the Baymont. We were fortunate to get a booking just two weeks before Sept. 14-15, which were the dates for the Ironman Triathalon and the Badger football home game. And doubly fortunate in that we were charged only $69 per night for a king-size bedroom.

The bed was incredibly comfortable: nevermind that the Baymont should be worried about guests lifting bath towels; I was tempted to stuff the bed under my arm and sneak it outside to my Ford F150 where it would have fitted nicely in the truck bed.

This Baymont is located in a nice, quiet section of the city. No traffic noises at all.

There's a very nice sports bar/restaurant a stone's throw away from the Baymont. I'm chargrined to say that I do not remember the restaurant's name. Because we had eaten erlier that evening at the wedding reception, my wife and I chose only an appetizer and a drink to finish off the evening while we watched the football games on the four, very large screens. Food was very good at the sports bar/restaurant.

The following evening the bartender at the Baymond's lounge was very accommodating on a request (and the tip reflected his thoughtfulness). The large pool looked very inviting through we did not make use of it either night because of the wedding activities. Everything was clean.

The only downer (literally) was when the ironing board fell and left a brusie on my foot. (The restraining mechanism was missing.) In my abject ignorance of ironing boards I lifted it again against the small button that seemed to the restraining thingabob. It promptly fell again but human genetics being what they are, I had prepared for that and kept my feet from being smashed. My wife got a replacement board immediately from the a cleaning crew member. Her side of the human race is advancing faster than mine.

My only other suggestion would be for the kitchen crew to put the milk on ice during the continental breakfast. We ate breakfast late and the moo juice was on the tepid stage. I like my milk COLD. For that matter, my beer, too.

P.S. West Towne Mall was only five minutes away.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Comfort Suites Madison West
Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
BEST WESTERN West Towne Suites

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West? Share your experiences!