“Great place to stay if you have dogs. Lots of room to walk...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Reviewed January 6, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez

Reviewed January 5, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I reserved a room with a whirlpool tub and paid the rate for one. I arrived late and checked in. When I got to my room, there was no whirlpool so I went back to the front desk. The clerk look baffled and I showed him my confirmation. He told me none were available. I asked what we could do to resolve it and he told me nothing. But if I wanted I could check back at the desk in the morning. When I returned the morning, no one was a the front desk. I left and called Baymont Customer Service and the hotel manager would contact me.

Three weeks later, Baymont CS called again to see if everything had been resolved but the manager never called me. They gave me a $50 credit on my next stay at a Baymont.

As for the rest of the stay, the hotel isn't new and neither are the rooms. The rate is a good value, if you get the type of room you actually reserve. The breakfast was good, though. There are better, albeit more expensive choices in Cortez.

Room Tip: Find another hotel that actually gives a darn.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Both the lobby and pool areas looked very nice, and the staff was very friendly and pleasant. The room was spacious but 'meh.' Old and tired room. The bathroom was dingy. Wallpaper in the corners was peeling back. The cleanliness was okay, but nothing to write home about. Room needed updating and attention. Could see daylight around the door when it was shut. We were on the backside (downhilll side), so it was very quiet, but since the building is built into a hill, I almost felt like our room was in a basement. Didn't like the room much at all. It could be much nicer with TLC. Breakfast room was huge...it was like a multi-purpose room of some sort - kind of strange. The breakfast selection was huge, but no staff around to tell them that the coffee was cold and some other issues. Also, a rug corner was turned up and while carrying my food I tripped on it and thankfully no harm done. Was not the best experience, but by no means was the worst we've ever had. I would look around at other options before considering to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want pool noise, ask for a room away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The rooms were nice but dated. They were starting to remodel though, so I am sure it will be nicer when they are done.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Room was fairly clean,but big hole in bathroom door was barely patched,no light bulb at all in one lamp in the room and no bulb in the outside light...toilet was tiny and actually almost "moved " to the side when any pressure was put on it...part of the baseboard was ripped out and not replaced...sink was also tiny and short..And all this for 72$ in the OFF season..we are currently staying in a Best Western in Utah..it's like staying in a palace..terrific!!!.. and it's only 8$ more!! Nuff said????

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortez
Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites
Travelodge Cortez
Travelodge Cortez
#14 of 16 in Cortez
Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez? Share your experiences!