“Good Base for Exploring”

Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Surrey
“Good Base for Exploring”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel and thought it was actually very good. I needed some medical assistance (nothing too serious) and the staff helped out with advice and maps for the health centre.
Breakfast was fine but agree with a previous comment about the bed pillows! They are a bit odd, being on the small side but only a minor issue.
If we were coming to Cortez again, would probably stay here

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
SMYRNA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

At checkin it was determined that they incorrectly had us down for two rooms, which we did not request. Okay, mistakes happen. But the person at the desk would not cancel it one, saying that since I had made the reservation through Wyndam I had to cancel it through Wyndam. I thought they were one in the same. She said that since there was a 24 hour cancelation period, she would need corporate permissiion to cancel one of the reservations. I thought that was ridiculous. I called the number she gave me and explained everything to the person who answered when I selected to cancel a reservation. After about 5 minutes of discussion, she said I had to speak with customer service. he said, no problem, please hold on while I call the hotel. So i watched the woman waiting mon me answer his call and he gave her permission to cancel. I don't understand why I had to make the call if whe just needed to speak to customer service. Badly handled, bad telephone system and not a good impression to a fist timer at Baymont and as a Wyndam rewards memeber. I must say that the man that checked me out was very nice and efficient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Coldwater, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

As with all these reviews, anything to do with the room, only pertains to this particular room. Your mileage may vary.

The room was unusually large. It was of average cleanliness. There were no glaring deficiencies there. However, the Wi-Fi was terrible. There were 3 or 4 wi-fi hot spots that showed up depending on where you were at in the complex. None of them worked for me. They would continually try to connect. Once in a while, it did, but but nothing would happen.

The following is not the fault of the hotel, but worth mentioning. Neither AT&T or Verizon coverage was usable in the back of the property where we were situated. So basically, we were out of touch with the world. That is unacceptable.

Breakfast was a OK. The usually breakfast fare.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

The Baymont is a nice moderate hotel, well kept in a convenient location. The desk staff was abrupt and the staff rudely cut off the complimentary breakfast right at 9:00 AM. The staff might prevent me from booking here again. They seemed to act like they were doing us a favor letting is stay their instead of thankful for our business.

• Stayed September 2012
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed in a suite that could use a once over when it comes to maintenance and cleaning. We found a dead roach in our hotel room. I told the front desk and the young woman there didn't seem to care much. Our room also lacked some basic amenities like paper and pens. The hotel has seen better days and could use a renovation. The jacuzzi in our suite had a large crack in it that had been patched. The pool is located in the middle of the hotel which is interesting. Front desk was very helpful in pointing us to some great local restaurants. Beautiful views of the mountains from the hotel. Tricky entrance to the hotel requires you to be careful about watching traffic when entering or exiting the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Cortez hotels

EL PASO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The room I stayed in needs some serious updating. Fixtures were old, carpet was old, tv was ancient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

While staying in Cortez for a work trip, a coworker had suggested staying at the Baymont Inn. Upon check in, after a 8 hour drive, I was told my room had not been prepaid like I had said that it was. The front desk worker was a young rude female. Even though I had a receipt on my phone showing it was charged to my credit card, she argued with me that it was NOT prepaid, and continued to demand a new credit card for payment. My trip was booked through Travelocity and I had to call them to have it straightened out. Come to find out had she taken 5 min from her precious personal phone call (after I walked off she sat right back down in the back office which can be seen from the desk, and picked up the phone and started yacking) my problem would have been resolved on the spot. She was beyond rude, very unpleasant, and very unhelpful. And she not be working in the hospitality industry.

The hotel is old. In major need of repairs and updating. Due to this fact, the rooms feel dirty. They are open. Very plain. And uninviting. The bed still had one of those nasty old comforters that you know are never washed. The bathtub faucet was barely attached to the wall. The wallpaper in the bathroom is peeling from the walls. And the carpet is much to be desired. There are cracked windows everywhere. The pillows are the size of a travel pillow so be sure to bring your own. My coworkers room had several moths in it, and a cricket on the ceiling.

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that it had a continental breakfast. Nothing great, but when you are on a limited work meal allowance...every bit helps. Otherwise this hotel has nothing great to offer. Pay the extra small bit and stay at the Holiday Inn next door!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Stellar81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortez
Hampton Inn Mesa Verde / Cortez
Travelodge Cortez
Travelodge Cortez
#14 of 16 in Cortez
Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez? Share your experiences!