“What would you expect for the price?”

Super 8 Cortez/Mesa Verde Area
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Cornwall
“What would you expect for the price?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This was the cheapest room we had on our entire trip. Room could have smelled a bit better, but clean and functional. Breakfast was fine, the lady assisting guests was very kind. Felt she should be having fun somewhere not waiting tables or even retired! Overall cannot complain - value for money if that is what you are looking for.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Super8Cortez, Owner at Super 8 Cortez/Mesa Verde Area, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments and your business. Our goal is to provide affordable rooms, and I am happy to hear that we met that goal for you. You are correct that our breakfast hostess could be retired, but she loves the chance to chat with all our guests. She is a great asset.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

At 2:30am i found a bed bug crawling across my sheet and brought it to the front desk. Horrifying. The attendant on duty offered us another room, but we were not interested in staying the rest of the night in a motel with bedbugs and had to find another place to stay at 3am. Though they refunded us the cost of the room, the Motel 8 manager was condecending and rude and refused any compensation for the stress and inconvenience it caused that night and brought to the rest of our trip. As bedbugs are a spreading epidemic, I did not feel comfortable bringing my luggage into another hotel. I also will have to completely launder and clean everything I brought with on my trip before bringing it into my own house. The manager I spoke to not only accused me of bringing the bedbug into the hotel, she seemed to think it was ok to not be concerned about spreading it to other hotels as she claimed there probably wasn't a bed bug in my luggage, an irresponsible strategy I would say for someone in the hospitality industry. I would highly recommend staying elsewhere in Cortez.

• Stayed October 2013
Super8Cortez, Owner at Super 8 Cortez/Mesa Verde Area, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
The day after this guest checked-out we had our Orkin technician, who does our regular pest control, completely inspected the room, and he reported no sign of current or previous infestation.

Also, the request for "additional compensation" was made along with the statement that if the compensation was not forthcoming, a "bad reveiw" would be posted.

Travelers are raving about these Cortez hotels

Ajijic, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This has to be one of the best places we have stayed at during our 6 weeks of car travel around the Southwestern National Parks. We had a nice size room with plenty of space to put our luggage and belonging. It was clean, quiet, w/refrigetator, microwave and very comfortable beds, Also their WiFi had the best reception we had anywhere. Their breakfast area was large, had an excellent variety of breakfast foods, juice, etc. and the service person was delightful. Our 3 day stay was great from the day we arrived to the day we left. As an aside, I am appalled at some of the other unfair commeents that have been posted for this motel...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marito326
Thank you for your buisness and your comments. I an happy to hear you were please with your stay.
Fayetteville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've stayed at this Super 8 several times in the couple of years. There have been some updates made recently. The desk staff is usually friendly and helpful. I've recommended this motel several times with good results. Next time I'm in Cortez I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for staying with us. We certainly welcome you back on your next trip to Cortez.