Super 8 Cortez/Mesa Verde Area
$149
$124
BestWestern.com
$93
Retro Inn at Mesa Verde(Cortez)(Great Value!)
$110
$71
EconoLodge
Kelly Place(Cortez)
$125
The White Eagle Inn & Family Lodge(Cortez)(Great Value!)
$72
Tomahawk Lodge(Cortez)(Great Value!)
$69
$71
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesmesa verdecity markethot showermain streetstay there againtop floornice staynice breakfastnational parkfree breakfastgaschain
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ok motel - some nicer in the area but good for the price. No elevator, which was quite the surprise lugging suitcases up/down stairs. Room extremely HOT upon arrival. AC was off upon arriving.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had been traveling since Texas without stopping. We had went to check out the Grand Canon on the way to Colorado. We were exhausted and tired of being in the vehicle. I booked them online while my boyfriend was driving from Arizona. The rates were reasonable and the reviews weren't bad. After my allergies flared up and my face looked like a balloon and eyes felt like sandpaper. I was just looking for somewhere clean to rest and clean off the grass and dust particles. When we first arrived in town we stopped at the first Super 8 we saw on Main street. We though how many Super 8's would there be in a small town. When we pulled up at the first one I was like ummmmm, that does not look good. I was just about to cancel my reservation when I realize the photo of the building was not the same. We then realize that apparently there were two Super 8 motels with one mile of one another. The one we were at looked extremely run down and the people standing out in the tiny parking lot looked as though they were living there, and weren't too friendly looking. So when we drove up to this one we were relieved immediately. We went in and the staff was very hospitable. They could tell we had some serious a sleep a head of us. When we got to the room we were happy well enough. Nothing spectacular about the room. It was a little dusty, but overall clean. The bathroom was clean and the shower was refreshing with the decent type shower head they had. The breakfast in the morning was decent. Our favorite part was that there was a very nice grocery store called City Market across the street that you could walk to and get cheap fuel at on your way out. I enjoyed walking to the store and not suffocating with humid heat waves that we experience back in Houston. Overall, the place was everything we were looking for and was located in a convenient area. Nice property. We were satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

It was my first stay at a super 8 motel but this one was nice and quiet. The only improvement would have a better matrices but the one we had was acceptable. The next time I use a motel I will try a motel 8 and hopefully it will be as nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

2MovingTheChi spent the afternoon in Mesa Verde, about 9 miles outside of Cortez (these ruins are worth a visit) and decided to stay in Cortez for the night. Our first stop was Aneth Lodge (decent ratings from TripAdvisor) but they were down to one room remaining to sell and for us it was not acceptable, so we moved on.

We have had good luck with Super 8 motels, so that was our next stop. The young man at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. We looked at a room and decided to stay.

We stayed in 113. Not a luxury room, but overall OK. The carpet in this room is worn and could use a good shampoo. The bathroom was compact. For a large person, it could be awkward. No refrigerator or microwave. Water pressure for a shower was moderate, but hot water was available if you turned it all the way on. Internet service was very good.

They do offer a continental breakfast each morning till 9:00 am. Ice is available in the breakfast room. Coin operated guest laundry is also available. Check out at 11:00. Across the street, there is a very good Mexican restaurant called Las Casita de Cortez.

2MovingTheChi have been exploring the U.S. since April.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple