Econo Lodge
$132
$124
BestWestern.com
$93
Retro Inn at Mesa Verde(Cortez)(Great Value!)
$110
$76
$128
$124
HIExpress.com
The White Eagle Inn & Family Lodge(Cortez)(Great Value!)
$72
Kelly Place(Cortez)
$125
Tomahawk Lodge(Cortez)(Great Value!)
$69
$71
All reviewsroom was cleanmesa verdewaffleswould stay here againnothing fancythe main streetgas stationfour cornersfridge and microwaveno frillsguest laundrywaffle makergrand canyonthe breakfast areafirst floorroad tripandrew
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The night we stayed at this motel Andrew the desk clerk was a great help My husband had problems breathing and Andrew called the ambulance for me also he stayed outside the door offering encouragement during the time of stress. When they took my husband to hospital, he said "he would keep an eye on my two grandsons" that was with us while I went with my husband. Although my oldest grand is 18 it still relieved me to know someone would keep an eye on them and the room this happened at 11pm I think that Andrew should be rewarded in some way for going above the call of duty. Thanks again to you hotel for helping in this time of our need. Mrs. Stewart Huckle

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Stewsrose
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We checked in for one night (June 11th), arriving around 8pm. There were 2 people working at the desk. One of them never even glanced in our direction, and the other seemed annoyed that he had to put down his novel to see what we wanted. The room was okay but nothing special. The lack of hairdryer was disappointing. yes, I know you can request one at the desk, but this is not so helpful when you are trying to get dressed and back on the road and discover there's no hairdryer in the room. All the staff we encountered (both in the evening and the next morning) apart from the manager were not wearing clean clothes, which was a bit off-putting.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
EconoLodge120, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I have addressed the concern of the book with all of our staff at the front desk.

I am looking into your concern on looking clean. Each staff member has a set of 2 shirts at the front desk. I will like to speak to you on this subject to have a better picture.

My direct line is 970 565 9693

Andrew Waight

Reviewed June 18, 2013

to stay at econo was great the the stuff was geart they all smiles . the pool was great to for the child. and when i checked in andrew was geart person to he was a great help . i would tell my family about this places econo

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tammy l
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here June 9th during ride the Rockies. Our room was clean and, despite the craziness of all the bicyclists, the staff was attentive and helpful to all our needs. They didn't have a hair dryer but the girl at the front desk was very quick to get me one. Breakfast was good enough to get us to Durango by bicycle that next day! The Mexican restaurant, tequilas, next door was delicious!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lwspilates
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was going to be visiting Mesa Verde for a day and spending a couple nights in the area, and I hadn't made a reservation at a hotel yet. Seeing the rating on here and the price I decided to book a room. That may not have been the best idea. The entire place is supposed to be non-smoking, but my first room apparently wasn't. I walked into the room and it smelled like old smoke, and I was ok with that because I figured it had previously been a smoking room and the smell is hard to get rid of. However, when looking in the garbage can I noticed an empty cigarette container which doesn't really indicate a non-smoking room to me. In addition, there was a giant black spider in the shower and a moth in the room. I called the front desk and the man there was very helpful and informed me that the room next door was vacant, and I decided to take it. When I walked into the second room I was not impressed, but I wasn't expecting to be. After being in the room for a few minutes I noticed that the door for the bathroom was a bit too large and was incredibly difficult to close. In the bathroom there were two lightbulbs, but only one worked and the bathroom fan didn't work either. I also noticed that there was a bit of space between the front door to the room and the wall, and the door was incredibly light and felt like it was loose. All the issues with the door to the room are concerning to me, but I ended up staying here anyway. Overall I wouldn't recommend this motel and I would say going somewhere else and spending a few extra bucks is more worth your time and money.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ZoBear

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

The hotel is 100% non smoking. This is indicated on all the doors, and by placards in each room.

When the hotel underwent the renovations all smoking rooms were converted from smoking to non smoking following the guidelines of Choice Franchise.

We do however, have a few isolated incidences where guests smoke in a room that is non smoking. We are very strict about informing all guests that smoking in a non-smoking room will incur a 250 dollar fee.

In respect to the bulbs in the bathrooms, the hotel removes one bulb in the summer months which is the heat bulb fixture that is used in the winter months.

The hotel is looking into the few bathroom doors that are not closing, this is due to the new carpet that was installed and the hotel maintenance is taking care of this.

Andrew Waight