“Good Value and the kids loved the Bunk Bedd”

Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Centennial, Colorado
“Good Value and the kids loved the Bunk Bedd”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Great location to Mesa Verde NP. Good offsite restaurant that appeared to be affiliated with the hotels. The rooms were clean and the pool was well maintained. The staff was very friendly and actually offered to walk the halls to find me a luggage cart. The kids LOVED the bunk beds.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank oldbarney1
Justin V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Oldbarney1!!! Thanks for the Great review!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2014

A newly built (I think) Holiday Inn Express ..everything looks new. Room nice but not up to most HI Exp rooms that we have stayed in while traveling..Bathroom sink was outside of bathroom, which was okay but it had very little counterspace. I made our reservations online because I can depend on Holiday Inn Exp having good sleeping beds and this one did too. But my cost for a room for two with a King bed was almost $200.00 with AAA discount. We chose another hotel for our 2nd night in the area and it was just as nice (not as new) at half the price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ramona L
Justin V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Ramona L! Thanks for the Great review, and thanks for the compliments on the property, we are actually an “old” Hotel! I agree on the counter space issue and we have some ideas on the drawing board for the bathrooms, Fridge and microwave situation that I hope everyone likes! I am a counter outside the bathroom kind of guy, so is my Fiancé, she hates me kicking her out from doing her makeup when I have to go pee (can I say that on Tripadvisor??) $200 is getting up there for a room which is why we recommend booking early when our rates are $140-$160. There are other options for saving as well like the “Book Early And Save” rate on the website that gives you an additional discount for making a non-refundable deposit reservation with us. Thank you for paying more to stay with us, my staff and I will do everything we can to make that the best descision of your trip. Please come back and stay with us in the off season when rates get down to $99!! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us!!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We spent one night in the Holiday Inn Express in Cortez during our road trip across Colorado. The hotel is quite large and new, and our room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was really good and the hotel is located very close to Mesa Verde National Park. The hotel was very busy, but staff members were always attentive and polite. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Roymobile2014! Woo Hoo! Its all about how we do when we are busy, because if we cannot deliver happiness when it is most important, it doesn't really matter if were good when its easy, that my philosophy at least. Keep on keeping on Roymobile!
Plymouth, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed here during our visit to Mesa Verde - the kids LOVED the bunk beds. The rooms were nice, clean. Not my favorite décor (it was quite dark), but it was a comfortable stay. The WiFi signal was very weak but it could be because we had a room at the end of the hall.

The pool was nice, plenty of great outdoor seating areas. The front desk was very helpful and kind. All of the public areas were very nice, clean and updated.

The breakfast was the best complimentary breakfast we've had on this trip. The ladies kept the entire area clean and stocked the entire time we were there. Great selections to choose from. Overall a great stay and I would certainly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Karen P!! Thanks for the great review!! We have since rocked out the WiFi and It is cranking right now, feels actually more like a strong wind than a download, its ridiculous!! I also have plans to create more fort rooms; we sell those out all summer and I hate to see kids not have those rooms available. Come back soon!!
Missouri
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very clean. The pool was nice. Rooms were very nicely done. We stayed on points but I heard the rate quoted to others a $169 which seems really high for this location. I get that it's nice but that's still a bit much. We stayed here on our way out of Mesa Verde Park.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Richard g! IHG Rewards is a great way to but you dollars to good use! You can redeem your points for free stays like Ricahrd G Did! I figure that if your staying anyway, you should at least get a little something extra out of it, its free, no work and all play, its the best rewards program on the planet besides parenthood!! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review!!
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Very good hotel - nice, clean, comfortable, quiet. Room was big and felt like a new. Beds were good, may be a little too soft in my opinion. Breakfast was sufficient and good. Location is very convenient - just about 10 min to the entrance to Mesa Verde park.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mikefr0mNJ!! Thanks for the great review, Mesa Verde National Park is awesome, so glad you made it our here to see it. Have a great day!
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This was my kid's favorite hotel. Even my 14 year old loved the bunk beds. The kid s sleeping area is not completely walled off, so the adults don't have complete privacy. Still you get a good bit of privacy, and the price is very good. Breakfasts are average. The pool was very good. The hot tub was legit hot. Of the 8 hotels on the this trip, this was the best one.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jomama J
Jomama J! Love it! Yes! Thanks for the great review, love that we made the munchkins happy. : )
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortez
Hampton Inn Mesa Verde / Cortez
#1 of 1 in Mesa Verde National Park
Travelodge Cortez
Travelodge Cortez
#14 of 16 in Cortez

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez? Share your experiences!