“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Rockford, Illinois
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at the Holiday Inn. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The hotel is very nicely decorated and accommodating to their guests. We really enjoyed having a good restaurant on the hotel property that was easy to access and had great food. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
***Government shutdown got you down? NO WORRIES! There is still a ton of awesome stuff to do in Cortez and the surrounding area! Call our Front Desk to find out! 970-565-6000*** Michele B! What a great review, thank you!! I am so glad you enjoyed Koko’s! If you ever experience a problem or have a concern over there, ask for “Freedom”; that is the name of their Manager, she’s awesome and will help however she can!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
golden, co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel and I normally try to stay away from the "Express" line of Holiday Inns.
I was pleasantly surprised. Hotel seems new, so it was clean with no unsightly paint, carpet or walls.
Staff was polite and helpful. My room was well decorated with Southwestern decor. Room had a refrig, microwave and a great clock radio that will take an iPod or other devices. As noted in another review, the bathroom counter space was tiny.
I did not check out the pool, but did have the complimentary breakfast. Nice selection.

Room Tip: You can hear other people walking around and water running when you are on the lower floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rocky(road)rover! Ice Cream!! Woo Hoo, Ice Cream!! Dang it, all the cool people are staying with us, lol! I LOVE Golden! Thanks for the Great review! ( I have now used 8 of these !) We are happy to surprise you and greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review, it means a lot to us all, we check four five times a day to see if anybody likes us. Come back soon and bring more Rocky Road!!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at this Holiday Inn. There is a large portico and an inviting reception area. The check in was easy and the staff welcoming and friendly. The rooms are a bit cramped, but not uncomfortable. The hotel is well kept including the indoor pool, spa, and dry sauna. Coffee is available 24 hours a day and though we left before the complimentary hot breakfast there was yogurt, juice and sweet rolls to get us on the road. I would certainly return here should I travel this way again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
LBBud! You live in Austin! We are all jealous of you! We hear it’s a GREAT city to live (and eat) in!! Thanks for the great review; I was thinking about making a joke about Texans liking everything really big, but had trouble tying the idea to room size, then I couldn’t keep from being compelled to write dirty jokes, ugh, the life of a comedian. Thank you for taking the time to review us!
Carlsbad, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was our first stay at a Holiday Inn Express, and we weren't sure what to expect. The room was adequate, but not well arranged. The bathroom counter couldn't have been smaller. It backed onto the closet space, and there was little place to put anything. Other than that, the room was adequate, but not comfortable for two.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip. I am a bit of a hotel snob and prefer to stay in 5 star hotels so when I head to smaller towns which require me to stay in 3 star hotels I always do so with hesitation. However, I can say that I was more than pleasantly surprised with my stay here. There are several highlights I'd like to share:

1. Free WiFi with a good solid connection in the room and throughout the property.
2. Super clean room and common areas. This is probably one of the cleanest hotels I have ever been to! I wish the housekeeping team could do my house! Thank you!
3. Immaculately clean grounds. The woman who is the grounds keeper works all day tirelessly to keep it looking very nice. It is noticed and much appreciated.
4. Friendly staff. The women that run the breakfast service are about as nice as they can be. I came in unknowingly after the breakfast time had ended and they were extremely welcoming and accommodating.
5. Location. This location is right on Main Street and close to everything. It is only about 10 minutes to the entrance to Mesa Verde National Park.

Overall, this is a great place to stay and should I visit the area again I will absolutely choose this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrea P
Pendleton, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights while visiting Mesa Verde. They upgraded us to a King Suite at the same price as a King room which they didn't have. The hotel is very clean with super staff. The room was large and beautiful. This is a great place to stay when visiting Mesa Verde. We enjoyed Cortez a lot.

Overland Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Cortez is a neat town, and we enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was nice and clean. We ate at Koko's across the parking lot, not really impressed with it. Hotel gave us a ticket for one free drink, and it was not very exciting. I would find another place to eat, if I returned to Grand Junction. Holiday Inn Express never let us down!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez, responded to this review, May 17, 2016
Thanks for the AWESOME review! We hope you are having a great day, wherever you are!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortez
Hampton Inn Mesa Verde / Cortez
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,645 reviews
Tomahawk Lodge
Tomahawk Lodge
#10 of 16 in Cortez

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez? Share your experiences!