“Breakfastroom too small”
Review of Days Inn Cortez

Days Inn Cortez
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Cortez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the comfort of the room, the sofa bed allowed our teenage kids to each have their own bed. Only real drawbacks were big ones for us. The jacuzzi was not heated. After a long day, that would have been wonderful. The other problem was that the free wifi signal did not reach our room. Being in one a couple doors from the office, I expected a much stronger signal. Fix those things and my rating improves dramatically.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank JGMC1_66
kjz1970, Owner at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, June 4, 2015
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Days Inn of Cortez. It is nice to hear that you found our Family unit comfortable for your party, it does allow for some separation for adults from their children. I'm sorry that the Jacuzzi was not operational during your stay we have resolved the heater malfunction by purchasing a brand new heater for the Jacuzzi system. We also have switched our Wi-Fi provider recently and we were finally able to find a provider who agreed with our theory that we could not have too many nodes distributed thru out the hotel in order to provide all our guests with good Wi-Fi strength.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I enjoy the outdoors and have not been to Cortez before. Someone suggested the Days Inn and we are glad we heeded the advice. April was very helpful in finding us a nice non-smoking room on short notice and the room was really comfortable and spacious.The hotel is clean and well-kept and the rates are fair. I can recommend Days Inn Cortez for outdoor-people who want to check out the historical sites and festivals, because it's centrally located. Oh, and let's not forget the breakfast and the hot tub! Real nice place - we'll be back!

Room Tip: Book in advance if you want a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neil A B
kjz1970, Owner at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hi Neil. It is great to hear you had such a wonderful stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us. We take pride in the satisfaction of our guests, I am so glad you left with memories that will remind you to return to see us again. Have a great rest of the summer!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Surprised the girls this stop with a 2 room suite. They had a nice 2 bed room and the wife and I were in another. Room was clean and large. Bathroom had doors to both rooms. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Hotel was an older structure, but well kept. Pool was nice along with the hot tub. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the two room suite if with kids.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank disccoach
kjz1970, Owner at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am so glad you got to experience my favorite rooms. The Family units are just perfect to spread out and enjoy the night. With two seperate rooms and two seperate televisions its like your in two seperate rooms basically! I am so happy you got to spend time at the pool while you were here. We hope to see you again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had a decent stay at the Days Inn in Cortez. Its definitely an older hotel that could use a lot of remodeling. The carpets were old and worn, as well as the outdoor hallways, and the metal staircases were rusting and didn't look all that sturdy (though I'm sure they were), but it seemed clean overall and that is what is most important to me. The rooms open to the outside, but our room was actually behind two doors. You had to open the outside hallway door and then once you were inside there were 4 rooms. It was almost a like a suite with a common area, but the common area was only big enough for a person to stand in it. The rooms aren't connected to each other in any way though. That's the best way that I can describe it. I personally don't mind outside hallways, but I know that a lot of people do, so this does create a slightly more secure feeling, even though the outside door didn't lock (at least not that I can recall).

Our room was comfortable and clean and it was really quiet. I was actually surprised when we got up and started packing up because there were people and maids all over and I couldn't hear any of them from our room. We did run into a maid who was cleaning one of the other rooms in our "suite" and she was very friendly and went out of her way to move her cart so we would have an easier time getting our stuff out of our room.

There's a laundry facility on site which was helpful. We had been in the process of moving for 2 weeks at this point so being able to wash some of our clothes was a necessity at this point and it was nice to not have to go find a place out in town somewhere.

So overall I'd say it was a good stay. Not a 5 star resort by any means, but it was enough for what we needed it for.

And on a side note, there was an area outside the hotel where there were prairie dogs popping up out of their holes. I'm from the East Coast originally, so this was fascinating to me! I'd loved being able to see them in the wild, right outside of our hotel!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brooklet425
kjz1970, Owner at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you found your room clean and quiet. As that is our main goal is to provide you with a welcoming clean room that is comfortable. Our staff all enjoy their jobs so friendly just comes along with working here. Thank you so much for staying with us on your visit from the east coast it was our pleasure to have you!