“Fantastic service, clean large rooms with comfortable beds, great breakfast and value”

BEST WESTERN Turquoise Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

We were not planning a stop in Cortez but got caught in a winter storm and found this gem of a hotel. We arrived after midnight and the desk staff member was warm and welcoming (unlike night shift workers at most hotels in this class). The suite was much larger than we expected and had a lot of nice touches (ironing board, heated fan in the bathroom, sofa bed in the front room. The breakfast was outstanding and the attendant was a very sweet and friendly great grandmother who made my grandson feel very special. Overall, our experience on this very short and unexpected stay convinced us that this hotel would be our home base when we return to the Four Corners area to explore all the interesting sites in the region sometime next year.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Brownfield, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

As a commercial pilot, I fly into Cortez every week and the Turquoise Inn and Suites is my favorite place to stay. Their courtesey van picks me up promptly at the airport after I call that I have arrived, and is always waiting for me to take me back the following morning. The staff is beyond comparison.
Unfortunately, I had to fly into Cortez on Christmas day instead of being at home with family. As the van brought me into town, I noticed that everything was closed, and was wondering if I would be able to find anyplace to eat. To my surprise, the owners had prepared two large plates of food from their Christmas dinner and had it waiting on me when I arrived. Great Folks!!
I stay exclusively at Best Western Hotels in my travels, and the Turquoise Inn and Suites is the benchmark that I compare all the others too.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Red Deer, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

Had the most awesome comfortable beds! Best beds so far on our road trip - comfy pillows and wonderful blankets! Room was nice and quiet and fairly big. Has a nice outdoor pool and a huge indoor hot tub. Had a great breakfast - waffles, biscuits, hot eggs, yogurt and fruit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

Stayed three nights in room 113. In Cortez to visit relatives. We have been to Cortez many times. Have tried other motels in town. Best Western has been remodeled and is up to date in the rooms. Good and fast internet connection. Great breakfast bar. Rate was $99 per night for two queen beds. This is a good price for a good room in Cortez, Colorado. Outside entrance, but not an issue at this location. Plenty of parking. Rooms were clean and wlll kept. Front desk service was outstanding. Room was very quite.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

We had a good time during our stay at the Turquoise Inn. My son, age 6, thought it was fun to swim in the massive 'hot tub.'

Clean rooms and lots of shower products..you even get mouthwash (which is mostly unheard of at other large chains)

Would stay again if visiting the 4 corners area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Mirfield, West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

I usually qualify my reviews by stating that anyone checking my review profile could think that I am easily satisfied as most of my reviews are very positive. Such is not the case but arise because I invariably only book hotels after reading the TA reviews and choosing the better ones.
We stayed at the BW Turquoise Inn & Suites for just the one night on our road trip around Utah / Colorado. It is a hotel we have used before and if we are in the area we will use again.
Very clean and comfortable throughout, pleasant and helpful staff, very acceptable breakfast, nice outdoor pool area where we relaxed with the odd glass of wine or two, very central in town and not a long drive to Mesa Verde.
Good value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Northants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

As this was just for an overnight stay during our trip through the National Parks. This was an ideal base for visiting Mesa Verde as it is just a few miles from Cortez. The hotel as with most of Best Westerns was comfortable and had their normal breakfast. Would have liked to have more time to spend in the area as there are lots of other things to see.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortez
Hampton Inn Mesa Verde / Cortez
Tomahawk Lodge
Tomahawk Lodge
#10 of 16 in Cortez
Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez

Been to BEST WESTERN Turquoise Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!