“All right if stopping to visit Mesa Verde” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Turquoise Inn & Suites

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“All right if stopping to visit Mesa Verde”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Within easy reach of Mesa Verde. Cortez nothing special. Hotel itself was quiet, comfortable and clean, but nothing special. Not many restaurants without using the car. Opening the bathroom window on our first(UK)/second(US) floor non-smoking room let in smell of smoke from downstairs, enough that we mentioned to reception so we didn't get fined!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BestWesternTQMI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Turquoise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
SmilingSixties:

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 970-565-3778 .

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Southampton, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a decent enough hotel and was fine for the night we stayed. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was ok. Fairly average motel fare, but good value for money. All staff were very friendly. A lot of people have commented on the wireless internet - I found it patchy, sometimes very good and at other times nothing at all. Still, for one night that's not an enormous problem for me.

Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We spent 4 nights here and the mobility accessible room we got was more like a suite, with separate bedroom and a fridge, microwave and sink in the sitting room. It was clean, quiet, lots of room and comfortable. The toilet and shower area had plenty of room. I could pull in under the sink with about 1 - 2 inches clearance for my knees. However, once again, the bed was too high for me to transfer onto, about 8 - 10 inches higher than my wheelchair seat which is 22 inches. This is a major problem and makes what the hotel calls an accessible room, inaccessible.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
BestWesternTQMI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Turquoise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
janno46,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I want to let you know that we are looking into the bed height and I want to thank you for bringing it to our attention. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 970-565-3778.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at the Best Western Turquoise Inn as we were there to visit some of the many ancient Pueblo ruins in the Four Corners region.
The toilet seat would not stay up while using it but that is an easy fix, and does not cloud the fine memories of our stay.
Every one of the employees from the maintenance guy to the maids to the front desk staff were remarkable in the friendliness and desire to please.

Room Tip: Room 117 is blissfully quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Willcox, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is our third time to stay at this Best Western. We have never had a problem before. I have asthma and I ALWAYS ask for a non smoking room! I booked several weeks ahead of time and when we got there, we were given a smoking room. Well I guess we were. There was no "non smoking" sign on our door, there was however an aroma of cigarette smoke in the room. There was a "non smoking" sign IN the room, right next to the two ash trays with matches!!! When my husband asked the guy at the front desk why we had been given a smoking room, he said we had not requested other and that was all they had left. He also said it WAS a smoking room. We had booked for two nights so we were stuck. Also the guy at the front desk had very long dirty nails and we were not impressed with him either. We go to Cortez often and next time we go, we will be staying at the Holiday Inn. Also, the ice bucket had no liner bags...strange

1 Thank TomKat2006
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I know that is a fairly trite phrase but when you are basically just trying to get from one end of the country to the other it doesn't take much to make you happy at the end of the day. On this basis the Turquoise Inn exceeded expectations. Folks at the front desk or just delightful. We got the managers special rate for the night, quite reasonable for a tourist area and especially so for a suite. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was very good, and even the gift shop was interesting. The large carving of a Mesa Verde cliff dwelling in the lobby was much appreciated, since we did not have time to stop there this time through.

Room Tip: Try the suites
1 Thank snochasr
Glenville, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent 2 weeks in Colorado and 2 weeks in Utah and booked all our stays based on the claims that they had wireless internet service. I have never had problems at other BW hotels I've stayed in but this one just didn't deliver. I went to the office to ask why we were unable to connect to the internet and was told, "We've NEVER had anyone complain about it." But we were never able to get service there. The next morning I complained again and was then told that it's a common problem and even the employee had been unable to connect for a lengthy time. I would not recommend staying here if you need internet service. There is no screen on the bathroom window which had to be opened to clear moisture from the bathroom. It opened into an outside walled area with laundry hanging in it and you could hear someone out there - made you feel very insecure. I would not stay here again

1 Thank Blueberrylovertoo
BestWesternTQMI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Turquoise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
blueberrylovertoo:

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We recently switched internet companies and are still working out the "kinks" amd hope to have all issues resolved soon.Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Assistant General Manager
06009 Property
BEST WESTERN Turquoise Inn & Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortez
Hampton Inn Mesa Verde / Cortez
Tomahawk Lodge
Tomahawk Lodge
#9 of 16 in Cortez
Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez

Been to BEST WESTERN Turquoise Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!