“Decent food at a decent price”

J. Fargo's Family Dining & Micro Brewery
Ranked #6 of 65 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We offer casual family dining. We feature handcrafted small batch beer from our own brewery, as well as selected favorites bottled and on tap and a full bar. We have a menu to satisfy every appetite including steaks, smoked meats, burgers, kids menu, vegetarian and gluten free options, patio dining in the summer. We are happy to host special occasions, large and small. We can accommodate large groups including tour groups. Our winter hours are 11 am to 9:00 pm open until 10:00 for summer. Hope to see you soon! Happy trails!
Bristol, England
“Decent food at a decent price”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We hesitated to go in as we had been avoiding chain restauarants and this looked like a chain. Inside it improved - it's definitely a family restaurant, not a romantic hideaway, but welcoming and with attentive staff.

Drinks-wise the IPA and the Nut Brown were good (although as usual in the US, you have to leave them for 20 minutes to warm up before they develop any real flavour). The food was better than we expected; the veggies and dips starter was good quality and excellent value; and the main course of Wings was as good as I've had anywhere outside of specialist wings places.

We managed to force down a shared desert - the apple pie skillet was just superb.

Overall, good food at a great price.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank John_Bristol_England

Denver, CO
“Only had the beer...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stopped by on the walk bact to our hotel.

Wanted to try their handcrafted brews of which they had only three. Sat at the bar and the owner/brewmaster came to serve us. I asked him about his beers one a Red Ale, second an IPA and the last a Coffee Stout.

He said the Red was the most popular and the IPA turned out a little different this time around. I decided to give the IPA a try and he was right it was different. It had a creamy texture and had more of a sweet taste rather than what an IPA should be like. Acceptable but would go back for a second. I decided to try the Coffee Stout. I'm not much of a Stout/Porter type but it wasn't too bad. It did have a strong coffee flavor but mellowed out quickly.

Didn't try the food so cannot comment on that.

• Visited October 2013
Sandy, Utah
“Dining in Cortez”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Good selection of food. Prepared as requested. Service a little slow. Good location, in the middle of town.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jrjr12
golden, co
“Definately a Family Place”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have mixed feelings about my visit here.
The meal was good. My steak was to perfection, but the mashed potatoes were a little bland. That's what happens at a "Family" restaurant and they don't have a separate kids menu. My salad came out on a warm plate.
For being a Micro Brewery, they only had two beers and one was a little exotic.
The lighting was pretty bright for the evening meal (another "Family" restaurant ism).
Lots of TVs for sports viewing. Place was clean.
My server was a little too motherly and I still did not get everything I requested.

Visited September 2013
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Great choice while in Cortez!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

While in Cortez for one night (Sept 1st, 2103) my daughter and I wanted something other than fast food but tnothing too fussy or pricey. Found a relaxed atmosphere and good food at J. Fargo's. House salads, with their mix of fresh veggies and the grated cheese, were great! Our waitress Ariel was very pleasant and attentive!

• Visited September 2013