“Great choice while in Cortez!”

J. Fargo's Family Dining & Micro Brewery
Ranked #11 of 73 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We offer casual family dining. We feature handcrafted small batch beer from our own brewery, as well as selected favorites bottled and on tap and a full bar. We have a menu to satisfy every appetite including steaks, smoked meats, burgers, kids menu, vegetarian and gluten free options, patio dining in the summer. We are happy to host special occasions, large and small. We can accommodate large groups including tour groups. Our winter hours are 11 am to 9:00 pm open until 10:00 for summer. Hope to see you soon! Happy trails!
Reviewed September 19, 2013

While in Cortez for one night (Sept 1st, 2103) my daughter and I wanted something other than fast food but tnothing too fussy or pricey. Found a relaxed atmosphere and good food at J. Fargo's. House salads, with their mix of fresh veggies and the grated cheese, were great! Our waitress Ariel was very pleasant and attentive!

2  Thank robinm848

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ate there on our way to Denver from Phoenix. Reasonably priced and big portions! We will definitely be back on future trips.

1  Thank dkcir
Reviewed September 18, 2013

On a three month motorhome trip, so we have eaten at A LOT of restaurants. J Fargo's menu offered many choices and specials. I had the blackened salmon, my wife the rib eye. Our server, Meredith recommended both entrees. She was very attentive and checked back with us often.

The entrees were average. Ribeye was very good and done perfectly. Meredith said that "sometimes the rib eye steaks were fatty, but tonight they look very nice", and it was. Fresh Salmon in Colorado? Need I say more, only average but tasty.

Meredith spent time with us discussing local attractions, something she didn't have to do, which we thought was very kind of her.

1  Thank Dennis A
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a mixed experience at J. Fargo's. As the waitress started to take our orders, she was interrupted by a second waitress who didn't hesitate to tell her that was HER table. So the first waitress left and we had to wait an additional 10 minutes before waitress #2 thought to take our order. She didn't bother to check back with us until we were done. The burgers were very good but the iced tea tasted burnt. Atmosphere was OK, nothing special. It felt like a regular chain restaurant.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I each had a glass of their red beer - it was probably the worst beer we've ever had. My husband ordered something else, which they did not charge for, I just didn't drink mine. We both had the Texas chili, it was tasty with lots of meat and a bit spicy. Salads were just OK, they used plum tomatoes which seems an odd choice at this time of year. We won't go back, there are certainly better restaurants in town.