“Best Mex in the west”

Tequila's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our 3some just finished a fabulous meal of carne Asada quesadilla, carne Assad burrito, chile rellano burrito & cheese enchilada. We dine in Mex a lot & cook some as well. Tequila's was an absolute find from trip advisor 5 stars.. Met the chef!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Chips and salsa are good the food is average but the dirty (black chair legs) and smelly carpet are extremely unappetizing.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We just finished a great lunch at Tequila's. The spicy slaw served with the chips was a first and made us wish we lived much closer to Cortez. (No recipe available, darn). Each of us had a different menu item and all were members of the clean plate club.
I had the Colorado red chili burrito, level 7 spicy. Perfect! It made the freshly brewed ice tea even better.

The staff was plentiful and pleasant. Thanks so much.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I'm not a fan of Mexican food as I don't like chillies or any spices but the rest of the party did, this restaurant was great at accommodating some one who does not do spice. I had the fish tacos which where on the specials and they where great, everyone in the party loved the food, go hungry as the portions are huge, my daughter had the chicken tacho starter for her main and it was huge, too much for her to eat. The margarita was very good but strong, also very good value for money, I would recommend this place.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My friend has been at this restaurant before & when it was recommended by the KOA we stayed at, she said we should go
The portions were plentyful. If you like mexican food I highly recommend this restaurant!

Been to Tequila's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!