“Love it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cortez, Colorado
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I really like the food and service here! They are always nice and the owners are great people! They always have a variety of food to choose from and a excellant seafood selection! Love the atmosphere!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tiffany J

Cobham, United Kingdom
“food good, staff appalling”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This restaurant has a great menu and the food was good. But the service from the staff was absolutely appalling. We first had a drink in the bar and were ignored for absolutely ages while the locals were served. Then went in to the restaurant where the waitress was completely unwelcoming, tutted when we hadnt decided what we wanted and despite being the only ones in the restaurant there was no sign of our waitress again until the food was ready - so we were unable to order more drinks or ask for anything else. There was no conversaton - just grunts of acknowledgemnt. We thought maybe it was an off night but because we mistimed the restaurant we were ging to the next night we had to eat here again (beware restaurants close early in Cortez) - and the service was just as diabolical. Shame. So 8 out of 10 for food , 0 for service

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hazlet
“Nice recommendation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was a dining recommendation from the manager of the motel that we were staying at. It seemed kind of strange to go to a restaurant with this name and a pelican as the featured logo - in a place as unlikely as Cortez, Colorado - no water for miles- we decided to try it anyway. It was a nice recommendation. It was not formal, it was a family friendly environment and it served good (not spectacular) food. It has a limited menu, but what is offered is cooked well. I'd surely go there again.

Visited November 2012
washington state
“Good prices, mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Service was friendly and attentive. I had the early bird prime rib, nice cut of meat, but very dry. It came with soup or salad. I had clam chowder. It tasted mostly of black pepper and was barely luke warm. Maybe I shouldn't try clam chowder in Colorado. All entres are accompanied by vegetables and a choice of starch. The veggies were steam zucchini - bland. The baked potato was well prepared without aluminum foil, thank goodness. I also requested and received fresh horseradish, a definite plus. A warm loaf of bread was served with the meal. I love bread. I couldn't eat this. It was hard, stale, and tasteless. They have a small wine list, which I appreciated; and the wine prices are exceptional. But they need better stemware for serving it. All-in-all you should be able to do better, even in Cortez; but this is not a bad place to dine.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cortez, Colorado
“Simply Outsanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I eat at the Dry Dock twice a week. Outstanding food for a great price. I ALWAYS order either salmon or prime rib. Excellent. Perfect sauce on the salmon, great salad, good sides. On the prime rib, I have more than I can eat and take some home. This restaurant is number one on our list of area restaurants to eat.

I think the complainers who wrote some of the reviews must have got up on the wrong side of the bed, because they must not eat where we eat. And we would not go there twice a week if it were not good. We kid our servers and say they spoil us, because they do.

• Visited November 2012