“Average Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I had visited this place several years ago and were blown away by the great authentic Mexican food. The place was packed at that time. That's not what this place offers any more. The food is now just bland and I spent most of the next day sick on the toilet. From previous reviews, it now appears that this is something you should become accustomed to if you eat at this restaurant. If it's any indication of the poor food, the beer was no good, too. It was flat and warm (and they were out of our first-choice beer).

I love authentic Mexican, and I returned to this place with the expecation of great authentic Mexican like we had the first time. We were sadly disappointed this time.

1  Thank Tiania

Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Francisca's on June 16th and enjoyed both
our meals and service, and would recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking
good Mexican food in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. We live in Nevada and
are big fans of Mexican cuisine served in non-chain, local restaurants when we
travel.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

The place strikes you as mediocre at best when you walk in and sit down. Our service was bad. After taking our order the waitress never looked at us again, even when she set our food down! But the worst was later that night when I threw up the entire meal. It was obviously food poisoning, because I recovered quickly and had no other symptoms of cold, flu, etc. It left me with a headache the likes of which I don't think I have ever had in my life. Oddly, someone actually recommended this place to us. Stay away if you value your health.

1  Thank ru010101
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Francisca's offers excellent mexican food at a very reasonable price. The Chili Rellenos are frantastic and the Wild Burro is excellent. I wouldn't miss this family ran restaurant when in Cortez. The food and service are great.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

Love this restaurant! Tried it for the first time recently and was pleasantly surprised with how great the food was! Traditional Mexican food, I had a taco and an enchilada with rice and beans that was very good. My husband had chicken tacos and he said they were delicious! Finished up with sopapillas, that were huge with a bottle of honey. All and all I would give this place a thumbs up!