“Boy oh boy!”

Burger Boy
Ranked #20 of 70 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Caught this place around lunchtime on a lazy Monday in mid-June as we were heading out of Cortez/Mesa Verde en route for Utah. ... WHAT A TREAT! A true drive-in. Lot was packed with customers. Service was speedy and polite. Terrific green chili cheeseburger.

All four of us were quite happy we bypassed the McDonald's and stumbled upon this gem. Definitely a BIG bright spot during two weeks of road food (which also featured Milt's Stop & Eat up in Moab -- another GREAT place).

Fun, delicious vacation road food!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The place has some american nostalgia to it with the drive-in and booths on the outside of the building. We ordered 2 burgers and some taters. My burger was cooked as asked and it was spicy just as the jalapeno and pepper jack cheese promised to be. Stop by and support a local business instead of BK or McDonalds, you will enjoy the food!

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Green Chilli cheeseburger with all the heat and taste offset any I have ever eaten, fries were tasty and diet Dr. P just right on a hot June Friday.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Being a Brit I've never been to a genuine drive-in before. When I was driving through Cortez and spotted this I found the first place I could to turn round and head back. I didn't give two hoots what the food was going to be like, I wasn't even all that hungry, I just wanted someone to take my order at my car window and bring me a burger and fries on a tray that attached to my window. I got my wish. The young girl that took our order and brought our food was very helpful, if a little bemused that those two idiot Brits didn't know what 'tater tots' were. Thank you for the tasty education miss.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is by far one of my favorite places to eat, if they are not slammed!! They great food and the service is very good and I always love supporting our local businesses so make sure you stop by and have a chicken wrap or shroomster!!

Been to Burger Boy? Share your experiences!