“Decent place for the $$$”
Review of Aneth Lodge

Aneth Lodge
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here after another long day on the motorcycles. Place was recommended when we asked at the gas station for an inexpensive, family type place to stay. It was the 4th of July & we saw a wonderful fireworks display across the street. Food next door was EXCELLENT!!!
In general it was a typical mom & pop type motel. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jlmccon

Reviewed August 2, 2011

I booked online; probably could have gotten a slightly lower rate had I booked directly. Nice room; quiet; the (woman) proprietor watches out for clientell who might cause problems (I felt good about that). She directed me to a nice family restaurant (Jack and Janelle's Country Kitchen). There were 2 or 3 foreign guests (german, english) as well as sportsmen. Room nice; I could run fan all night w/o having condensor cycle on/off.
Some minor things could have used attention (needed to wiggle key to open door; great water pressure in shower, but could not be slowed down). I'd try them again if I were there.

Room Tip: Book directly
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I wanted to save some money as all hotels on our journey priced at 90.00 and up. read reviews on aneth and thought ,yeah Ill try it at 47.00. Room was okay for the price. How ever ,waking up to find my daughter bitten by bed bugs was hardly worth the savings. I know any hotel can have bugs, Im forgiving of that. What I cannot forgive is the desk clerks reaction. Not to cause her embarrasment I waited till lobby was empty. Very nicley told her they better attend to room 8 as it has bugs. Her response ,no we dont. Yes you do. No we dont ,the maid would tell me if we did. I invited her to the car to look at my daughter(as she is in a wheelchair and it would be easier than carrying her in) She declined insisting still ,there are no bed bugs. As to the maid ,bugs are very hard to see especially inthe day time. Also my daughter has been bit in the past and is very allergic and has asevere reaction as confirmed by DR. The third time I insisted she has bites I also told her I wanted no compansation ,only that they tend to the room. At that she agreed they would take care of the room. I was insulted to be treated like I was just looking for a freebie. The money I saved was spent at the nearest laundry to wash all clothing clean and dirty. hours of vacation time spent vacumming car over and over and praying none were hiding in any belongings to be brought to my home. I would have been less angry had she only had a little sympathy for my itching daughter. I am happy to say the bugs stayed in cortez.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank kflamenco
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Clean and roomy. It has a fridge, microwave, Wi-Fi, king bed with the rate of $43 per night.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2009

You just get what you pay, but only $80 for two rooms and four people i think is a good deal. No breakfast included but next to it there's a great 'local' place cheap as well. You would definitely reccomend this lodge if you wanna save some money on your staying in Cortez.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Mantino
Reviewed July 18, 2007

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Aneth Lodge in Cortez. It was conveniently located on Main Street, and you could walk to several nice restaurants six blocks or less away, as well as a very good coffee shop just a block or so away. The room itself is spartan and a little threadbare, but it was really clean. It had a cool turquoise and pink tiled bathroom, and--bonus feature- an extra sink OUTSIDE of the bathroom with lots of counter space! It also had a little refridgerator, and maybe even a microwave, if I remember correctly. The best part? $36 a night!!! I am only 40 but seem to be permanently stuck in 1977 so that I think all hotel rooms should cost $36, all new cars should cost $5000, and all homes less than $50,000. What a treat to find a place that fits my value system! In fact, it is quite likely I stayed here in 1977 on a family vacation, but that is another story. I say that if you want something cheap and decent, this is the place for you.

Stayed: July 2007
3  Thank Azouma
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed March 7, 2004

I needed an inexpensive place to stay for a week. Since it was winter, I didn't care about the lack of a pool. I should have sprung for a room at the Econolodge for a few more dollars. I've stayed at low budget mom-n-pop type motels before and been quite satisfied with what I got for the price, but this place is not one of those. The heat was inadequate -I just happened to have an accurate thermometer with me (no, I don't generally travel with such equipment) and after several hours with the door and window shut it didn't get up to 70 degrees.
When I complained they gave me an electric heater which was about as old as the motel - about fifty years. It did work, though. I wouldn't want to hear the ancient wall air conditioner if it was in the summer.
This place has just been patched up (to a degree) but not redone since it was built. The walls are so thin you can understand conversations in the next room. The door to the outside was hollow-core and let traffic noise through. The carpet was frayed. Stuffing was sticking out of what furniture there was. The cheap little TV didn't get good reception. The towels were semi-transparent. The main amenity was instant coffee in the lobby. I only didn't leave because I had paid a weekly rate and would have been refunded only at the daily rate. I didn't check out the Anasazi, which turned out to have the same weekly rate. It couldn't be worse.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member