“Good food, friendly folks”

Gustavo's Mexican Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We used trip advisor to select the Mexican restaurant to eat at last night and we weren't disappointed! The food was delicious although I'd personally ask for my food to be a little less spicy next time. (This is in no way a reflection on their food. I just don't like very spicy food.) we got our food amazingly fast, and my husband says the beer was cold and priced right. The owner was especially attentive. Great choice for Mexican food in Cortez!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Fantastic Mexican, especially given the modest prices. I came here with 3 friends for lunch and we unanimously decided to return the following day for dinner. The Barbacoa was perfect, with good rice and beans on the side and good corn tortillas (they also have flour, if you prefer). Barbacoa and chorizo tacos were also amazing. Careful with the Margaritas though - they are gigantic!

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Very welcoming and excellent service. Food was good and served piping hot. Drinks, chips and salsa were refilled. Gustavo was eager to talk with us and to see that everything went well for us while we were in his place of business. Thanks to other reviewers, we chose to eat here on our visit to Cortez.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Pros: clean place, well-maintained, friendly staff, good service, fair prices.
Cons: food too salty for me. Almost wrecked my car on the surprise curb and drop off in their parking lot. Suggestion: paint the curb white so folks notice it or put a flower planter next to it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a great meal here and had a nice chat with Gustavo, the owner. The restaurant is not very large, and as such had a nice cosy feel about it. Awesome margaritas! We're from Australia, and don't have good Mexican like this back home.