“An above average Mexican Cuisine”

Gustavo's Mexican Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you are new to Cortez I would highly recommend you give El Burro Pancho a try. They offer excellent Margaritas (various versions) and Mojitos to accompany an original menu of flavorful dishes. Flavor is what really sets this place apart from the competition. The food simply tastes better here compared to other Mexican choices in town. Give it a try and see if you don't agree.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Small cozy place with excellent service and good Mexican food. We find that Mexican food is usually a good value and this place was no exception. Even the locals eating there were friendly.

1  Thank Erasmus44
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was in Cortez for 5 nights and ate here twice. YELP led me here, but then I learned from my Park Service acquaintances that they felt this was the best Mexican food in town. Wonderful, friendly service and very good food!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

On a recent trip trough southern Colorado we stopped, both going and coming, for dinner and lunch. We were extremely impressed with both the food and the service. For good red chili flavors this is the place to visit. Not to be confused with Tex-mex food, this is real New Mexican food. The food is fresh, spicy and delicious. The owner is friendly and runs a good, clean restaurant. Along with his excellent waiter, he makes you fell like he really appreciates your business.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The night I arrived in Cortez, I had a craving for Mexican food. I found this resturant on Tripadvisor, so I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't know what time it closed, so I called and they happen to be closing in five or ten minutes. I told them I was down the street and if they wouldn't mind staying if I ordered something to go. She said it was no problem, and I rushed over there. The pork carnitas and sides of rice and beans were delicious. The waitress was very nice and accommodating. The next day I decided to return since I liked the food so much. This time I had enough time to eat there. I tried the chicken this time but liked the carnitas much better. The customer service was still as excellent as the previous night. The owner was very friendly and even came to my table with his computer to show me pictures of where he suggested I should go for my next stop in Arizona. I really appreciate the great service and the quality of food at El Burro Pancho and would happily recommend it anyone if they want good Mexican food.