“Never again. Amenities were non- existant” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Cortez
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Gunnison, Colorado
“Never again. Amenities were non- existant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

We booked this hotel because we saw that it had a pool for our 6 year old to swim in. The pool was closed and drained. We had reserved a suite... it was just a larger room with a couch. As soon as we got there, we turned on the heat and went to dinner. When we got back 3 hrs later, the room was still freezing cold. We called the front desk for assistance in heating the room and were told to be patient. We called back and asked for a different room. THe owner/manager basically chewed us out saying that how did he know that we weren't going to keep complaining about the rooms and asking to be switched. I've NEVER been treated so poorly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn on our trip to Mesa Verde Colorado. We booked what appeared on line to be a 2 room suite. What we got was a very large room with 2 queen beds and a pullout suite. The room was clean but probably had not been updated in many years.
The free breakfast was bad. White bread, greasy muffins and plain cereal.
It was cheap enough but I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Cortez hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

We paid $100 for a "suite". All this meant was that it was a bigger room with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was old and broken. The building itself looks like it is ready to be condemed. However, the staff was friendly and the room was clean. There was in-room coffee. Wi-Fi available, but really slow! The indoor pool was already closed for the season???? It's INDOOR!!! It served it's purpose, but next time I will pay $30 more to stay at Holiday Inn.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Frederiksberg, Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

We stayed in august 2010 one night fortunately.
The first room we got was smelly basementroom, with bugs in the corners.
We complained to a very very grumpy frontdesk lady and got a new room. This room was a non-smoking but it smell terrible of smoke and the curtains was yellow from smoke.
We didn't bother to complain again, so we opened the windows to get some fresh air over night.
Never, never again will we stay here again
It does not derserve to belong to the Rodeway chain...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UnTjus
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

I am not sure how this motel carries the brand "Rodeway". It's the worst of the motel I stayed in my life. The bathroom was just terrible. There was caulking everywhere, but it looks like my kindergarten kid art class.. just blotches of it. I didn't know they installed such small toilet seats in motels. The shower drain blocked and my kids would not get into it anymore. The electrical outlets were either burntout or flat out didn't work.
The front desk lady is just a grumpy old woman who doesn't seem to care much. Breakfast.. it's so skimpy you are better off going somewhere else.
Pretty much a dump, and the yukiest place imaginable. I am so disgusted with this motel, I wish I had taken some pictures of this motel and post them online. I am going to write to AAA to remove their approval and also Rodeway.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ColoTravel2010
mo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

Kind of a dumpy place and I was mildly concerned about theft with parking my motorcycle outside the room. The front desk lady was grumpy and unpleasant when we checked in, and late getting "breakfast" (toast and coffee) going in the morning. There was a group of people already at the front door waiting for her to wake up for breakfast so they could hit the road to beat the crowds at Mesa Verde National Park. I'm glad I'll never have to deal with her again. The room wasn't the worst place I've stayed, but it was on the margins of barely acceptable. Dirty carpet, questionable stains on the bedspread, and a doorframe that looked like someone had taken a crowbar to it (only furthering my fears about the securing of our motorcycles parked outside the door). We had been caught in a day-long rainstorm on motorcycles and were soaked and tired, or else I'd have tried to find a different hotel, but I just wanted to collapse. Cortez has several nicer-looking hotels on the main street through town and if in the area again, I'd look for one of those. I can't recommend this place and I'd never stay here again, especially if my wife and kids were with me.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank effingphotog
Syracuse, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

Before I retired I stayed in all kinds of hotel/motels and this one is one of the worst that I ever paid for. Two parts of this facility and we ended up in the older units. Probably the worst continental breakfasts ever, we ate there the first morning and then ended up at McDonalds and Burger-King the next two mornings. Beds didn't have fitted sheets and the pillows were very lumpy. The shower head was all of about five and a half feet up the wall, so good luck if you are over 5' 7"

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family