“Great Brief Stay”

The White Eagle Inn & Family Lodge
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our family were travelling from the Grand Canyon to Skiing at Wolf Creek CO. Cortez was perfectly positioned to break our journey. Both Cortez and the White Eagle provided all we required. A friendly welcome, warm, comfortable and clean rooms at the White Eagle and various quick and easy dining options within Cortez itself. Recommend both.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 2themacs

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I have to admit I was a bit leary to book a room at a local family run hotel that I knew nothing about. We were traveling through Cortez and just needed a place to stay for a jumping off point for Mesa Verde and this place was priced right. The hotel is family run and owned. We were greeted warmly and were given recommendations for where to grab dinner. The room was decent sized, lined with light wooden paneling but otherwise fairly updated. New carpet and bedspread. Incredibly clean bathroom and room. Mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave in the room. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The hotel is on main drag on south end of town.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank KWT-traveler
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Last spring, my son and I took a no-itinerary roadtrip all through the Four Corners states. We hadn't intended to be in the same town for more than one night, but we ended up at the White Eagle three nights in a row because we were so very pleased with this motel, and Cortez ended up being a great "launchpad" for multiple days of adventure (Durango, Mesa Verde and Four Corners areas). It was safe, convenient, VERY clean and warm, and the owners are terrific, friendly, and accommodating--we felt like we were staying with family! We were in the same room all three nights and it was very spacious, comfortable, and well-furnished. We were glad to have the in-room fridge and even used the "community" microwave and the mini golf course out front. The wifi was another unexpected but great perk that we took advantage of. It was a terrific value for a terrific place, and the next time we find ourselves within 100 miles of Cortez, I wouldn't hesitate to go out of my way to stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank vnitsirk
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for two nights as we explored Mesa Verde NP & Hovenweep NM. Great location to both sites. Not necessarily in the main downtown area of Cortez, but no more than 3 miles to all the restaurants & shops. Very reasonably priced, though no breakfast is included. Wifi signal is a little weak in the last rooms, but we switched to a room closer to the main office & it was superb. Staff was friendly & informative. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank thereeds_2704
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We made reservations here and it was our base for a side trip to Mesa Verde - just down the road and on the other side of town. Well it couldn't have been better. The folks at the front desk were cordial and helpful in a Mom and Pop way, the room was spotless and quiet, and I could bird watch out back in late afternoon. The place is not architecturally spectacular - it's old-time basic motel, but is a great choice at a great price. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fishscales44
Reviewed November 10, 2012

stayed november 10th, 2012. This place is one of the cleanest hotel room i have ever stayed in. It only cost $41 for a night and I feel it is well worth the price. The lady at the desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Don't waste your money by staying at a commercialized hotel when this place when this place is here. If i ever need to stay in Cortez again, I will stay at White Eagle.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DRayhorn
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There's nothing more i could ask for from this motel...it's by far the best motel i have ever stayed in, especially being so close to several great historical attractions. The front desk is exceptionally friendly and she even help planned my trip for me, since this is my first time to the Four coners and I was there by myself. Absolutely good value for money.. Will be back soon...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo