The White Eagle Inn & Family Lodge
Cozy Inn(Cortez)
Aneth Lodge(Cortez)
Econo Lodge(Cortez)
View Hotel
All reviewswood panelingfamily runoutskirts of townmesa verdebasketball hoopmom and popno frillsrooms are smallmini fridgeold style motelcoffee makerqueen roomclean bathroomwould stay here againshort driveroad tripan older hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Just got off the phone with White Eagle Inn. We were booking a room, when we let them know we have a small indoor dog traveling with us - they informed us that as of June 1st they will no longer be allowing pets.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LizzyWA
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We often find ourselves on the road as we make our round-trip drive from our home in MT to visit our children/grand-kids in Albuquerque. It is a long 3-day drive, a time in which we arrive at our hotel/motel with a desire for the basics of our stay to be in place: a room that is functional, comfortable, well-maintained, welcoming, and CLEAN. It is always a bonus when the staff is friendly and accommodating---In this case, the OWNERS of this great find are delightful, caring, and truly interested in who their guests are and hearing their feedback. Back in January 2012, I promised the charming owners of White Eagle Inn to write a review here--Because of various family crises, I am just now getting to it; that said, I haven't forgotten them, the great find that is their establishment, or my promise. If you appreciate the BASICS DONE WELL, stay here next time you find yourself in the area. They will also guide you to great places to eat! Sandra and Ron Cline--Thompson Falls, Montana

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Having read recent reviews on Trip Advisor we were pleased that the reviews were correct. Very nice owners, clean rooms, and great retro look. It is a terrific value with coffeemaker and microwave in the room, small fridge (ample for our needs), Wifi, and the bed was comfortable. Our room even had " fluorescent stars on the ceiling when the lights were off-very cute! Great location a few minutes from downtown Cortez and 12 miles to Mesa Verde.
I have supersonic hearing, whereas my husband sleeps through anything, so my only complaint is our room #11 was adjacent to the laundry room. It seemed there was a hot water heater cycling on/off in there all night? The hotel is adjacent to highway 160 (as is almost all the hotels in Cortez), but the traffic noise calms down considerably at night, which did not bother me.

Room Tip: Room 11 is adjacent to laundry room-request another if you would like a quiet room during the daytime.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Upon first review, I'm a bit aprehensive when it comes to booking in old, roadside motels. This place proved me wrong.This was THE cleanest hotel I think that I have ever been in. The folks that run it are SUPER friendly and it is well priced for anyone who just want to stop for the night. No frills, but it's really clean. That's all we wanted. I enjoy nostalgia when I'm not creeped out by dirty old hotel rooms.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank STLMountainChick
Reviewed December 2, 2011

This is a belated review, (but the drop-downs won't let me select the correct date) . In June, 2010 we were returning to Iowa after visiting family in California. Drove some old route 66; Williams, Az; Grand Canyon and up through 4 corners en route to Colorado Springs for more family visits. Durango looked like a logical stop, but rather pricey. Somehow I found the White Eagle in Cortez before it had been reviewed on Tripadvisor. We took a chance-----good choice. Clean (spotless), affordable (we were on a limited budget), and oh, so nostalgic.Great bed. Quiet. Helpful owners gave us good dining recommendations (great Italian place just up the road). A fine night's sleep if you like the way things used to be.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple