“My husband's first sushi!”

Stonefish Sushi & More
Ranked #12 of 67 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are located in the heart of old downtown Cortez four businesses west of the crosswalk at Market and Main on the north side of the street. The surrounding blocks are bustling with activity and fine restaurants. The Cortez Cultural Center is just behind our patio and our local public radio station is across the street. Our newspapers are in the same building. Our seafood arrives fresh from Seattle Seafood in Denver. Our greens are local in season and our menu is superb. Please join us for dinner or lunch. We're always glad to welcome you, your family, including children and bicycle parking is available near the front door. See you soon, Brandon and Mel
Fort Defiance, Az
“My husband's first sushi!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband has never had sushi and has always responded negatively to my desire to take him out to a sushi restaurant. He's against eating raw fish due to health concerns. Luckily for us, the restaurant we had intended to try was closed, so, being hungry after a long hike, and too tired to look further, we walked into Stonefish. This was around 5:30pm on a holiday weekend. We experienced excellent service and enjoyed absolutely delicious fish. The crab cakes-not at all greasy, but light and delicious-and the special, which was a scallop dish, were both outstanding. The scallops were so tender and yummy that my husband forgot they were raw and scarfed them right up! Creamy green tea ice cream topped it off. All in all a local gem in a friendly small town in Southwestern Colorado. Don't ask what they are doing here-just go!

2 Thank Nicola S

“Great service; excellent rolls!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on a Friday evening & the restaurant was hopping. After a 20 (ish) minute wait we were seated. The waiter was attentive & the food was spectacular. We ordered 4 rolls: the San Juan, Dolorian, Vegas & the special. All the rolls were excellent, but the special and the Vegas were unbelievable! Even though we didn't get one tonight, ordering the tempura fried PB & J roll for desert will leave you fat & happy (and dripping with gooey peanut butter).

2 Thank TravelingTanners
rimrock az
“pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friend and I had lunch there and it was very very good,I had the Stonefish fish and chips which was done perfectly,lightly battered and the fish was very tender and flaky.
My friend had the crab cakes and she said they were the best she has ever had.
The waitress was knowledgable and the owner Brandon was very personable.
We will go back again and again.

3 Thank jim s
Hartsel, Colorado
“Where was the fish in the sushi?”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The place was nicely located, The service was Excellent but the Sushi that we order really turn off the idea to return to this restaurant . We order Shrimp Tempura Roll, Stonefish and Zetroc all 3 tasted the same, there was some fish in there but the most you get was rice and pickle. The Pickle was a lot bigger than the piece of fish or Shrimp. Sadly I didn't take pictures to better show what this place how their sushi look like. That way others see what I'm talking about. Something that I will do the next time.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank NelMar67
Brandon S, Owner at Stonefish Sushi & More, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I do regret that this is the first time that I have written a response to a review, but I felt compelled to respond. I apologize that your experience was not up to your's or my standards. There is one thing that we are confused about...we do not and have never served "pickles" in which you emphasized repeatedly , in any of our rolls??? So my staff and I are extremely confused by your interpretation of our product. I would in courage you to research your facts thoroughly before expressing them to the world. Hope to see you again!
Brandon
Chef/Owner
Cortez, Colorado, United States
“Local sanctuary!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

No matter when, Brandon & Michael can do up sushi, sashimi, or just about anything to slake your needs!

• Visited July 2013