“Pleasent surprise after reading some of the reviews”

Hunan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 71 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I were simply famished and didn't want hamburger, Mexican, and the other 'comfort food' norms that we find in the less populated tri-state dry regions. So of all things, we decided to get Chinese.

The location of the restaurant is on the eastern side of Cortez. It's located at an intersection where there is a bowling alley and a now defunct steak place. We ordered our food for pick up. Ordered a combo lo mein, some egg rolls, and a sweet and sour soup. The food came out pretty quickly and presented in a large cardboard tray which was great since it was easy to check everything. Got back to the hotel and really started digging into the food. I found the lo mein to be very tasted and lack in any meat. Actually quite a great value for the money.

I will probably go back before the end of the week.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Not great food, but good. I would advise a couple to share an entree. The portions are huge. The service was good.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I wasn't expecting a good Chinese restaurant in Cortez, but found one across the street from my motel. Freshly cooked food, ample portions and a friendly staff make this a must visit. I'm a fan of the sweet and sour chicken and the Won Ton soup!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The food is very good. The service is excellent. I go there at least every month and it has never been poor of anything.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We came for lunch and had Excellent service... seated quickly, received attentive service from the waitress, and the food was prepared quite rapidly. We chose shrimp chow mein, beef lo mein, and orange chicken. The meals came with soup and a choice of dumpling or egg roll, as well as a crab rangoon fried won ton. The hot and sour soup was better than average, the main dishes were about average, but we didn't care for the orange chicken, because the breading was too soft not crispy enough) and absorbed the sauce too rapidly, becoming very soggy.