“Quaint little place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Food is average, great price, staff and owner all very nice. Had chicken fried steak, which was good but required salt and pepper. Place could use a good cleaning.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

AC broken, but can't fault the owners for that. Haggard salad bar with a couple flies visiting. Waitress was working hard, but showed little interest in taking our order or providing service. No AC may have worn her out in her defense. Food was pretty bad. Kids Mac and cheese was Kraft from a box. Baked potato was so overlooked, there was almost nothing to eat. Meat was pre frozen and tasteless. There are plenty of other places to eat in town.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

It's casual, family owned and operated, old school hospitality and a well balanced breakfast menu. Jack greets you at the door, Janelle makes sure your coffee cup is always full. They serve a traditional American Breakfast Fare which seems to draw a local crowd. I was there at 7 AM on a Thursday morning and it was 3/4 full. I think we all like to see a local crowd in small town restaurants. I had the All American Breakfast (2 eggs, sausage, hash brown potatoes and a biscuit) $6.95. The food was freshly made, biscuit came with jam and arrived in a reasonable amount of time. The never empty cup of coffee was $1.95 served before the breakfast came with hospitality that said, "Thank you for coming to breakfast". My only small complaint is that I like my hash browns shredded very finely. Maybe they would have finely shredded the hash brown's if I had asked.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through Cortez and stopped because we were all so hungry. While the owner and wait staff were friendly, They acted a little too familiar with us too quickly. The restaurant was not clean and the food was mediocre. We were ready to get out of there and on our way to our destination. If we were in Cortez again, we would pass on this restaurant.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dinner was good. We had the barbecue. It wasn't great, but we would give it another chance. I understand that they serve a good breakfast. Staff was very attentive and friendly.